Molly O'Shea: Deserve Better Part 2

Molly O'Shea X Female Reader

Summary: the gang finds out about your relationship.

WARNINGS: period typical homophobia (aka. Micah is a dick) but a happy ending!

Word Count: 4300

You and Molly have been together for a little while now and everything was going well. It had taken some time for Dutch to start treating you normally again, since he had been convinced that you had talked Molly into ending things with him, but things seemed to have calmed down now.

Since Molly wasn't 'Dutch's woman' anymore, people thought that she should stop getting special treatment. Miss Grimshaw became more determined to get her to take part in some chores and she also wasn't protected by Dutch anymore. This meant that people felt safer making comments about her to her face because she couldn't go running to Dutch.

This could have been a bad thing but since she started spending time with you, she started spending more time around the other members of the gang because that's where you spent most of your time. This meant that the gang started to warm up to her and see that she wasn't as stuck up as they thought she was, especially when she was with you.

Dutch isn't deterred easily though. Yes, he continued flirting with Mary-Beth despite how uninterested she was, but he started flirting with Molly again. You were pretty sure that he was just trying to prove that he could have her back if he wanted her. He couldn't. He even started being a little more flirty towards you and you were certain that it was in an attempt to get under Molly's skin. A completely failure, I'll add.

Nobody knew about your relationship, you thought it might be best that way. Still, neither of you were completely subtle. Whether it be her laying her head on your shoulder at the campfire or you placing your hand on top of her's. People just never thought anything of it, they thought you were just close friends (just gals being pals).

Molly had even moved into your tent. She couldn't share a tent with Dutch anymore so you offered your tent to her and she happily accepted. Everyone thought that she was sleeping on a bed roll in your tent when the reality was that she was sharing the cot with you.

To put it simply, things had been going well. Molly was happier with you than she ever was with Dutch. What the two of you had was real, she knew that.

-----

You and Molly were in your tent, both of you sitting on your cot. She was sitting behind you and braiding your hair for you, neatly pulling it out of your face so that it wouldn't get in the way when you were out on the job you and Arthur were going on.

"There you go. You look beautiful, not that you don't everyday" Molly complimented with a smile. Since spending time Molly you learnt that she could be very charming.

"Oh you flatter me" you chuckled as you turned to sit so that you were facing her.

"I think it would look rather elegant with some flowers or jewels of some kind" Molly hummed as she admired her handiwork.

"Jewels are more your thing, I think I'll leave that to you. You look better in them anyway" you shook your head at her.

"Oh shush, you're too modest" Molly insisted, making you roll your eyes affectionately.

"Anyway, elegance isn't something that I keep in mind when preparing for a job" you remind her of what's really important.

"You will be careful, won't you?" Molly asked, her smile suddenly dropping and her voice becoming more serious, more concerned.