Hosea Matthews: Date Night

Hosea Matthews X Female Reader

Summary: A date night with Hosea gets disturbed by some drunken fools. You refuse to let it ruin your night.

WARNINGS: NSFW/smut

Word Count: 2500

You and Hosea walked into the nicer of the two saloons in Valentine, your arm wrapped around his. The two of you walked straight up to the bar and took your seats while Hosea ordered your drinks.

"Thank you, such a gentleman...as usual" you smiled as you accepted the drink that he was holding out to you.

"I try my best" Hosea returned your smile as he took a sip from his drink.

"And you always do perfectly" you assured him, earning a fond chuckle from the older man.

"I do wish that I could have taken you somewhere a little nicer, though. Valentine doesn't really have anything more suitable nearby" Hosea sighed. This certainly wasn't the nicest place to take you out for the evening but there wasn't anything else, so he hoped that it would do.

"Hosea, it's perfect because I'm with you. You know I don't care about all that stuff, as long as you're there, I'm happy" you reminded him, placing your hand on his.

"I love you, my dear" Hosea smiled, bringing your hand up to his lips.

"I love you too" you giggled as Hosea pressed a light kiss to your knuckles and let go of your hand.

The first hour in the saloon went by just fine but a few more people had walked into the saloon now and had bought a few drinks. But that didn't really bother either of you. You and Hosea were mostly talking rather than drinking, so neither of you were drunk at all.

The two of you were both still sitting at the bar, lost in conversation. You jumped a little when someone bumped into your back, making you instinctively look over your shoulder at them.

"Oh, ah, sorry miss" the man apologised, seeming pretty genuine in his apology.

"It's alright" you assured him with a small smile, knowing it was an honest accident. You then turned back to Hosea.

"I, sorry, miss?" the man spoke again, trying to get your attention. He had clearly drank quite a bit, making him tipsy. You looked back over your shoulder at him and smiled politely, willing to hear whatever he wanted to say. "Do you think I could make it up to ya? Let me buy you a drink" he offered.

Hosea squinted at the man, silently sighing to himself. This wasn't the first time it had happened, that some one had flirted with you right in front of him, no matter how clear you both made it that you were already spoken for.

The man was younger, probably about John's age. He was clean shaven and his hair looked like it had been neat when he first arrived, probably getting messier with each drink he had. Admittedly, he wasn't bad looking but you hadn't even thought about that, you only had eyes for one man.

"That's quite alright, I've already got a drink" you gestured towards your drink, just wanting to get back to Hosea.

"Oh, then I'll get you your next. How's that sound?" the man asked, the cocky smile never leaving his face.

"That's very nice of you but I'm really alright, I already have somebody to buy me my drinks" you told him playfully, slipping your hand into Hosea's.

"Oh well sure but I was thinking of something with a little more...vigour, I guess" the man shrugged. You felt Hosea's grip on your hand tighten slightly, it was barely noticeable but you still noticed it.