Micah Bell: Not Interested

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: The Pinkertons make Micah a deal, there is only one reason that he doesn't take it.

Word Count: 1500

You followed Micah through the camp, over to the horses, with your hand in his. Hand holding wasn't something that Micah ever seemed fond of, it was something that he only just started getting used too but he never fought it with you. Whenever you laced your fingers through him, he just allowed it without saying anything. Not so long ago, he would have pushed your hand away and told you to get lost but now it was different. You had had a large effect on him, whether you knew it or not.

"I'm just going to pick up some money I hid when I last passed through near here, I won't be gone for long" Micah assured you, pretending to be annoyed by your concern. In reality, he wasn't annoyed. He couldn't be annoyed by you.

"Promise?" you asked as you reached the horses.

"I promise" Micah rolled his eyes as he turned to face you, again pretending to be annoyed by your concern. You smiled, leaning up to press a quick kiss to his lips. "What was that for?" he asked with a slight smirk.

"Good luck" you told him with a shrug.

"I ain't that lucky" Micah shook his head at you.

"Guess you need some more then" you shrugged before leaning up and giving him another kiss.

"Alright, get outta here, you're being stupid" Micah pushed you away gently as he shook his head again, still chuckling at you.

"Be careful" you smiled, this time sounding more serious. He just nodded at you before you walked away, laughing a little bit to yourself.

-----

Micah collected his money from the run down cabin with no problem, thankfully nobody else had found it before he returned to claim it. He tucked it into his pocket before stepping outside of the cabin, only expecting Baylock to be waiting for him.

He froze slightly as he looked at the two familiar agents, who were standing in front of their respective horses. This couldn't be good.

"Mr Bell, what a coincidence" Agent Milton greeted him with a fake smile. Was there really a need for these acts?

"Don't believe that but...sure" Micah muttered, glancing between the two men.

"Don't worry, we only came to talk" Milton assured him, as if that was actually reassuring.

"Then talk, I don't have time to waste on you lot" Micah snarled, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What are you doing here, Mr Bell? Anything that we should know about?" Agent Ross asked, looking behind him and to the cabin.

"Nothing for you to be concerned about" Micah assured them, still sounding disinterested.

"We aren't here to talk about whatever business you have out here" Agent Milton sighed, earning a slightly annoyed look from his partner. "Ain't that right, Agent Ross?" he asked, only getting a nod in response from Ross. "I have an offer" he explained, turning his attention back to the outlaw.

"Not interested" Micah spat without hesitation.

"This is my offer, Mr Bell. Bring in Van der Linde and you have my word that you won't swing" Agent Milton offered as if it was an easy choice. Perhaps it was, or at least it would have been.

Not that long ago, Micah would have grabbed the opportunity without much hesitation. He would have sold the gang down the river but now...now, it wasn't so easy. As he opened his mouth to speak, he remembered you. You were so damn good, so sweet. You always put other people before yourself and cared for everyone, you cared for him. Maybe once in his life he could put somebody else before him, he could put you before himself.