Micah Bell: She's Mine Part 4

Micah Bell & Daughter Reader

Summary: you get hurt on a job, Micah isn't happy about it.

Word Count: 2800

It had taken a lot of convincing and a lot of arguing with your father, Micah, for him to finally agree to let go with the others. You had already run a few jobs, most of them pretty small and if you were going on more dangerous jobs it was always with your father. He never liked the idea of you going on dangerous jobs when he wasn't around to watch over you. Still, you managed to convince him of this.

It was a job with Arthur and John, it was supposed to be quick and simple. Micah had first agreed to let you go if he went with you as well, you had groaned but agreed to it. However, Dutch had told Micah that he was needed for something else so Micah had begrudgingly let you go alone with the two other men.

As mentioned before, the job was meant to be quick and simple. Unfortunately, nothing could be that smooth for the Van der Linde gang. It was a simple homestead robbery, you had ran these types of jobs before with absolutely no problem, this one was different.

The three of you were nearly out of the door when a gun shot rang out, startling all of you. You had all thought the homestead was empty, whoever this was must have just came back or something, you really didn't have the time to think about it.

A searing pain shot through your arm, you didn't fall to the floor but you stumbled forward, thankful that Arthur had managed to catch you and pull you through the front door and out of the building. You and Arthur took shelter on one side of the doorway while John took cover on the other side, the two men looking at each other to communicate silently while you wrapped your hand around your upper arm in an attempt to slow the bleeding, blood soaking through your shirt and coating your hand.

The three of you waited until you heard the sound of your attacker reloading his gun before acting. Arthur pushed you towards John, letting the younger man return to the horses with you while he handled the attacker.

You hissed in pain as you reach up to your horse's saddle, about to mount the animal. Trying your best to ignore the pain in your arm, you were pretty sure that the left over adrenaline in your system was dulling the pain slightly.

"Whoa, hold on. What are you doing?" John asked, gently placing his hand on your shoulder to stop you from pulling yourself up onto your horse.

"Mounting my horse, what does it look like?" you asked, snapping more than you meant to but John didn't take it personally, he knew that it was probably more due to the pain than your frustration with him.

"Don't be stupid, you'll ride with me or Arthur" John shook his head, you were shot in the arm, they weren't going to make you ride.

"I'm fine, I can ride" you shrugged his hand off of your shoulder.

"Y/n, you've been shot, you can't ride" he sighed, beginning to wonder whether it was worth arguing with you.

"I'm fine" you assured him, both of you knowing that you were far from fine. You had been shot!

"There's no point arguing with her John, she's too much like her father. So, I ain't arguing though. You ain't riding on your own" Arthur interjected as he walked over to you both.

"Fine" you mumbled, deciding not to argue with the two men. Plus, you knew that it was smarter to ride with one of them rather than by yourself.

The three of you mounted the horses and rode back to the camp, you on the back of Arthur's horse while you horse followed behind.