Arthur Morgan: Come With Me

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: Your father owns the general store in town and that's where you met Arthur Morgan, feeling an instant connection with him. Too bad your father had already engaged you to another man.

Word Count: 4400

The day was dragging by slowly, as it usually did, as you managed the general store that your father owned. You were bored, beyond bored, leaning forward against the counter and resting your chin on one hand. A quiet sigh passing your lips, just waiting for the day to be over so that you could close up the store and go home.

The bell above the front door rang, signalling that there was a customer. You glanced towards the door, not lifting your chin from your hand.

As soon as you saw the man who had entered your little store, you stood up straight, cursing yourself for having been hunched over. Usually you wouldn't care but something about this man was different, he had instantly captured your interest.

The man looked a little older than you but that didn't bother you at all. He was well built, which made you wonder what he did for a living, how he stayed in such good shape. His hair wasn't neatly trimmed but suited him perfectly. He had a little bit of stubble that allowed the scar near his chin to be visible, you wondered how he got it. What caught your attention the most though was his eyes, a beautiful blue colour. Yeah, it was fair to say, that you were taken with this new man already.

You worked in the general store nearly everyday and that meant that you recognised most people who came in, but you didn't recognise him at all.

"Good morning" you smiled, giving him a warm welcome.

"Mornin'" the man nodded politely at you as he approached the counter.

"Anything I can help you with?" you asked kindly. God, please say yes. You shook your head, pushing the thought away.

"Actually there is" the man was now standing opposite you, only the counter between you both. Oh, thank God, you thought. "I need to collect an order" he told you as he placed a slip of paper down on the counter.

"Not a problem" you smiled as you took the slip and read over it. "Perfect, we have it in the back. Just give me a second" you told him and he just nodded. You had to tear your gaze away from him and turn around but you felt breathless from just looking at him.

You disappeared into the back room, a storage room, and grabbed the crate with his order number on it. Turning back towards the door, you took a breath and collected yourself. Putting a confident smile on, you walked back out into the main room of the store with the crate in your hands.

"Whoa, let me help you with that" the man offered when he saw you stepping back into the room, hurrying over and taking the crate from of you. It wasn't exactly a large crate and it wasn't too heavy but he definitely carried it with much more ease than you had. A gentleman.

"Oh thanks, uh..." you looked at him, using the opportunity to get his name.

"Arthur" he told you, making you smile.

"Thank you, Arthur" you thanked him as you stepped back behind the counter and Arthur returned to his place on the opposite side of it. Arthur placed the crate down before pulling some cash out of his pocket.

"That's the right amount, right?" Arthur asked as he handed you the money.

"Yeah" you took the money from him and thumbed through it, quickly counting it. "Exactly. Prepared, I like that" you flashed him a smile.