Arthur Morgan: Overprotective

Arthur Morgan & Younger Sister Reader

Summary: Arthur had begun to notice how the men in camp look at you, and he isn't impressed.

Word Count: 1900

You and Arthur were kids when you first met Dutch and Hosea, when you joined the van der Linde gang. Dutch wasn't actually that much older than Arthur but they still developed some form of father-son relationship. Despite you being younger than Arthur, you never developed that relationship with Dutch. Your father figure was more Hosea than Dutch.

As you got older, the gang grew. Many more people joined the gang and most of them were men. Arthur had never worried about you around men, you used to be a kid and that's all Hosea and Dutch saw you as. Maybe he just forgot that you grew up.

Now you were both adults and the gang was probably larger than it had ever been. Now, Arthur was beginning to notice the attention you got from the other men in the camp. It annoyed the hell out of Arthur that people would flirt with you so blatantly in front of him, you were his little sister and none of these men deserved you.

The first person that Arthur noticed flirting with you was Micah. The blonde was being his usual disgusting self as he tried his best to get a reaction to you. Thankfully, you weren't interested in him and rolled your eyes before walking away. Of course, Micah wasn't the first man to flirt with you. The men in the camp had been flirting with you for some time, this had just opened Arthur's eyes to it, it just made him more observant.

Arthur had noticed Sean flirting with you but he wasn't at the top of your brother's list of men to be concerned about. Sean just seemed more playful than anything. He would walk over to you, throw his arm over your shoulders and list off a bunch of compliments. Sometimes it made you blush and sometimes it just made you laugh. It seemed innocent enough to Arthur so he wasn't too worried about it. If Sean happened to be getting a little too handsy, Arthur would just step in and say that he needed to talk to you.

Javier was more of a concern, in Arthur's opinion. He knew that Javier had a certain way with women and he had noticed Javier paying attention to you. When Arthur first noticed it, you were sitting at the camp fire with Javier.

It was pretty late, so the only people around the fire were you and Javier. He had been plucking absentmindedly at the strings of his guitar, glancing at you every now and again. He had noticed you watching him play and thought that it wouldn't hurt to turn on the charm. Of course, he hadn't been too obvious about flirting with you since you were Arthur's younger sister but he couldn't deny that he was attracted to you.

Arthur couldn't hear what either of you were saying but he could see that you were talking. He saw when Javier placed his guitar down and moved to sit beside you. You didn't seem to react to his closeness as you both continued to talk but Arthur did see the light pink colour that appeared on your cheeks when Javier placed his hand on your knee. Thankfully, his hand stayed there and didn't move, his fingers just tracing small patterns against your knee.

What really got under Arthur's skin was when he saw Dutch flirting with you. Dutch had known you both since you were children, Arthur just thought that it was weird.

Arthur could feel his jaw clenching as Dutch pushed your hair out of your face, smiling softly at you as he tucked your hair behind your ear. Arthur's hands curled into fists when he saw Dutch tracing his fingertips against your jaw before dropping his hand back to his side.

The worst part about this whole scene was that you looked more like you were uncomfortable than you were flattered. That's what crossed the line for Arthur. Your older brother walked right over to the two of you, placing his hand on your shoulder as he gently pulled away from Dutch. Seriously, what the hell was Dutch thinking?