Josiah Trelawny: Travel With Me

Josiah Trelawny X Female Reader

Summary: Trelawny brings you, his new girlfriend and work partner, to the camp to introduce you to the gang.

Word Count: 2200

You have known Josiah Trelawny for quite a while now. You had run into each other while you were both running different jobs in the same area, after helping each other out you both started to work together. He would come to you with jobs that he needed assistance with, you had even started to become his first person to ask for help. You didn't know how he did it but he always knew where to find you, even if you had been moving around a lot.

It wasn't too long before you started dating. Josiah was charming and polite, an all around gentleman who had an unknown amount of ties to the criminal lifestyle.

Every now and again Josiah would mention the van der Linde gang and you knew that he would go to visit them every now and again, usually when he heard about jobs, rumours, or bounties. But after you started dating and became closer, he started telling you more about the gang. He would tell you about the gang members and about the jobs they have done in the past, so you knew a fair bit about them now.

When Josiah is at the camp, he would mention you every now and again, mentioning how he was on a job with you before visiting the camp or how he was going to see you afterwards. So the gang was aware of who you were and always joked about how Josiah was so clearly in love with you, they only ever mentioned that when he wasn't around though.

However, you and the gang were different parts of Josiah's life. Both included his work but you were much more involved in his personal life. He had always been the type to keep his personal life and his work life separate but you were so closely intertwined with both parts of his life, so he wasn't completely sure how to handle that.

At least he could be honest about where he was going. Sometimes Josiah would leave for a few days to visit the gang, and of course you missed him but you didn't really mind when he left. You understood why he had to go and you knew that he would always come back to you.

Josiah had planned to go and visit the gang again but this time as different. This time he had decided that he wanted you to come with him, he just had to ask you.

Using his key to the hotel room that you were sharing, Josiah opened the door and stepped inside.

"Ah, it's good to see you, my dear" Josiah greeted you with a warm smile as he closed the door behind him.

"I thought you were going straight to the camp" you said without thinking, since you hadn't been expecting to see him for a little while, but you were definitely glad to see him. "Not that I'm complaining" you smiled as you walked over to him, wrapping your arms around Josiah's neck.

"I was going too but I was thinking-" Josiah hummed as he placed his hands on your waist, pulling you a little closer to him. "-maybe you could come with me" he suggested, raising a hand to tuck your hair behind your ear.

"Really? You want me to meet the gang?" you asked, a little surprised at his sudden decision.

"I do. I think they would love you and I'm sure that you'd like a few of them. Plus, you would make the perfect addition, make the place a whole lot prettier" he complimented, making you smile.

"You want me to join the gang?" you asked, even more surprised. You figured that you would eventually meet the famous van der Linde gang but you hadn't even thought about joining them.

"Actually, no. I travel a lot and don't actually stay at the camp very often, I was actually thinking that you could start travelling with me. But I would like you to meet the gang so that you could stay in the camp with me while I'm staying there" Josiah explained. "So, what do you think?" he asked.