Dutch Van der Linde & Arthur Morgan: Dutch's Plan

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader X Arthur Morgan

Summary: Dutch hatches a plan to make sure that the three of you are happy. Will you and Arthur agree to give his plan a try?

I don't know what this is but it happened, I'm sorry...Hope you like it! XD

A/N at the end

Word Count: 2300

You have been dating Dutch for a little while now. It had been no secret that he had pretty much brought you into the gang with the intention of dating you, you had captured his interest from the very beginning.

Dutch loved you and knew that you loved him but he still saw how you and Arthur looked at each other, how you acted around each other. You danced around each other like kids in love. He knew that it should bother him, make him angry or jealous but he found that it didn't. This is what caused Dutch's mind to wander, for him to reconsider the dynamics between the three of you.

"Arthur, do me a favour, will you?" Dutch asked as he walked over to Arthur with you by his side, your hand in his.

"Sure Dutch, what do you need?" Arthur nodded, the two of you sharing soft smiles before he returned his attention to Dutch.

"Take Y/n into town for me" Dutch requested, making you look up at him with an expression of surprise and confusion.

"What? I mean, uh, sure but...why?" Arthur asked. He could tell just from looking at you that you didn't know what was going on either. Dutch hadn't made a request like that before, it was just strange, especially since you hadn't even mentioned going into town.

"I think she's getting bored around here and she clearly enjoys your company, plus I trust you to look after her" Dutch shrugged. You gave him another confused look, you weren't getting bored. What have him that impression? "Is that alright with you, my love?" he asked, looking down at you now.

"Sure...sounds like fun" you smiled, decided that you might as well enjoy it.

"Uh, okay, sure" Arthur nodded, not wanting to argue about getting to spend more time with you. Dutch let go of your hand and you moved to stand beside Arthur.

"Oh and Arthur?" Dutch asked before you both walked away.

"Yeah?" Arthur asked.

"Make sure you show her a good time, yeah?" Dutch smiled. You didn't know why but, for some reason, his request made you blush slightly.

"Uh, yeah okay Dutch" Arthur nodded again before Dutch just walked away, leaving you and Arthur confused.

"So...you want to head into town?" Arthur asked, turning his attention to you as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah" you smiled up at him, making his stomach flutter in a pleasant way. Arthur hated the way that you made him feel, you were with Dutch and he found himself having to remind himself of that everything you even smiled at him.

You knew Dutch pretty well now and you knew that he was up to something, you just didn't know what.

-----

That trip into town wasn't the last of Dutch's strange requests. He would ask Arthur to take you into town, encourage you to spend time with Arthur when he came back from a job, and actively encouraged you to seek out Arthur when he was busy. He also seemed to show an increased interest in Arthur, asking you how he was because he knew that you would know. It was strange to say the least.

If you didn't know any better, you would think that Dutch was trying to push you and Arthur together. But that didn't make any sense, why would he want that?