Micah Bell: Unexpected

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: When John, Sadie, and Charles go to confront Micah Bell one last time...they find something that they never expected.

Word Count: 2200

John, Sadie and Charles fought their way up the mountain, the three of them taking out Micah's men efficiently. There had been a few close calls, Charles nearly getting shot and Sadie nearly getting stabbed, but they handled it. They all managed to get to their destination, mostly unharmed.

The three of them were now standing in front of a little cabin, presumably where Micah was hiding. Finally, after all this time, this was ending.

"Micah, if you're here, come out" John called out as they all glanced around, making sure nobody crept up on them.

-----

You could hear the gunshots getting closer and each shot made you more nervous. "Micah, I told you we should've left sooner" you sighed, unable to stop fidgeting with your hands.

"I know, I know...I thought we would have more time" Micah confessed, placing his hands on your shoulders and making you look at him.

"Micah, if you're here, come out" a familiar voice called from outside. John Marston.

"I've got to go out there" Micah sighed, about to pull away from you.

"He'll kill you...or you'll kill him and I don't want either of that" you reminded him as you reached out and took hold of his coat, not letting him walk away.

"Nobody is going to get killed, alright? I'll just tell him to run along" Micah tried to reassure you, running his hands down your arms.

"He won't listen" you rolled your eyes. You knew that Micah was lying to you, in an attempt to make you feel better.

"...just stay in here, he doesn't know that you're here and he wouldn't hurt you anyway. Just...just stay here and I'll be back soon" Micah promised you, giving your arms a gentle squeeze.

"You better be" you sighed. "I love you" you whispered, not liking the feeling of dread in your gut.

"I love you too" Micah lent down and gave you a quick kiss.

"Daddy?" your young son got your attention, the two of you looking down at him.

"It's alright, kid. Keep your mother and sister safe, yeah?" Micah asked as he pulled away from you.

"I promise!" your son nodded, a look of determination on his face.

"Micah!" John's voice called again, reminding you both that you couldn't stay here forever. There were people waiting for you outside.

Micah nodded at you before stepping out of the cabin, the door closing behind him. Your chest tightened uncomfortably but you managed to give your son a reassuring smile, you took his hand and guided him over to where your even younger daughter was playing.

-----

"Micah!" John called again, the three of them getting tired of waiting for him.

"Hello, Scarface...Smith...Mrs Adler" Micah greeted as he stepped out of the cabin. "Did you miss me?" he asked.

"Not much" John answered blankly.