Tilly Jackson: Day off

Tilly Jackson X Female Reader

Summary: You and Tilly get a day off.

Word Count: 900

Cool water lapped at your feet as you walked barefoot through the shallow waters, your shoes abandoned on the sand a few feet away along with Tilly's. The midday sun shone down on you both, reflecting off of the water making it appear to glisten.

"How long has it been since we got away from the camp?" you asked as you walked followed Tilly along the shore.

"I can't even remember...how long has it been since we got to be by the water without having to wash clothes?" Tilly asked as she stopped walking, turning around to face you.

"Too long" you sighed, stopping as well once you were standing in front of her.

"I'm just happy-" Tilly took your hand in hers and playfully twirled you around under her arm, making you smile, "-to be with you" she gently pulled you towards her.

"So am I" you confessed as your hands landed on her waist.

Tilly smiled as she draped her arms around your neck, leaning in and pressing a gentle kiss to your lips. You smiled into the kiss, stroking your thumb against her waist.

"You look nice today. All neat and tidy rather than ruffled and overworked" Tilly complimented, her fingertips grazing over your cheek.

"Thanks" you chuckled. "I could say the same for you" the two of you had no chores for the day, Miss Grimashaw deciding to give you both the day off. Something that you both needed.

"I have an idea!" Tilly's face lit up as she placed her hands on your shoulders.

"Shoot" you grinned.

"How about we let our feet dry off and then go into town. There's a cute little place where we can get some lunch" Tilly suggested.

"Sounds like a good plan to me" you nodded, agreeing that you should both go to get something to eat. You pressed a quick kiss to her lips before pulling away from her.

Tilly linked her arm through yours as the two of you walked away from the water, grabbing your shoes as you crossed the sand. The two of you stopped at a large rock, lifting yourselves up onto it and sitting beside each other.

As planned, the two of you sat and talked while your feet dried off. Once your feet were dry, you both pulled your shoes back on. You hopped down from the rock, holding your hand up for Tilly to take hold of, making her laugh softly as she hopped down as well. The two of you mounted your horse and you rode into town.

-----

You and Tilly walked up the the place that she mentioned and she was right, it was a cute little place. A family run business by the looks of it, the atmosphere light and airy. An all round pleasant place to be.

"This is cute" you commented, telling her that she was right.

"Not too pricey either" Tilly nudged you slightly, making you chuckle.

The two of you walked inside and ended up getting a rather questionable lunch, deciding on little cakes and pastries rather than something savoury. Neither of you cared and it was delicious, so you were both happy with your choices. You were treating yourselves.

You chose to sit at a table against the back wall, giving you both the right amount of privacy. Other people were eating at the surrounding tables, all smiling and talking.

"You were so right about coming here. Much better than Pearson's cooking" you hummed, taking another bite of one of the cakes.

"Don't say that to him, he'll never feed you again" Tilly warned you playfully.

"What he doesn't know can't hurt him" you shrugged, making her laugh. You both continued to eat but hearing Tilly giggling to herself made you pause. "What?" you asked.

"You've got powered sugar on your nose" Tilly told you, gesturing towards your face. You blushed slightly as you reached up to wipe it away. "Don't worry, I've got it" she picked up a napkin and lent over the table, wiping the powder away before returning to her seat.

"Thanks" you mumbled.

"It's cute really" Tilly assured you with a fond smile but her words only made you blush again. "I love you" her voice became gentler and a soft smile formed on your face.

"I love you too" you told her as you reached across the table and took her hand in yours, brushing your thumb over the back of her hand.

-----

It was later on in the evening, when the gang had settled down, that you and Tilly found yourselves sitting together on a blanket in a quieter part of the camp. She was sitting while you lay with your head in her lap, looking up at her.

"Today was nice, I wish we could do it more often" you sighed, making Tilly look down at your face.

"Tomorrow Miss Grimshaw will put us back to work but we can always slip away when nobody is looking" Tilly reminded you as she ran her fingers through your hair.

"Well, duh. We aren't going to stop doing that" you rolled your eyes, earning a chuckle from her.

"Hey you two!" Karen voice called, interrupting you both. "Mind if we join you?" she asked, making you both look up at her. She was walking over with Mary-Beth, who was smiling softly, maybe even a little apologetically.

"There is no privacy in this place" you sighed dramatically as you sat up.

"You love us really" Karen teased as they both sat down on the blanket with you.

Tilly chuckles as she rested her head on your shoulder, the four of you talking and falling into conversation as you enjoyed the quiet evening.

Requests?