Arthur Morgan: Betrayal

Arthur Morgan X Younger Female Reader (Dutch's Daughter)

Summary: You and Arthur have been seeing each other behind your father's back for some time now, it was only a matter of time before he found out.

Word Count: 3400

You sighed quietly to yourself, watching Arthur talking with Dutch over the top of your book. It felt like torture having to spend so much time around Arthur, to have him be so close to your father, when you had such deep feelings for him. It felt like torture to have to be around Arthur all the time without being able to act on your feelings.

You shook your head, trying to clear your mind, and returned your attention back to the pages of your book but you couldn't focus on any of the words.

There were multiple reasons that you shouldn't feel this way about Arthur the main ones being that he was a friend of your father and that he was about 16 years older than you. The intruding thoughts made you internally groan to yourself.

Again, you tried to read the words in the book but your gaze kept drifting over to Arthur.

Even though you knew the reasons why you shouldn't feel such a way about Arthur, none of this had stopped you both from starting a relationship.

You both knew that your father could never find out. Dutch was uncomfortable with the idea of you dating anyway, never mind dating a man Arthur's age or one of his most trusted friends. You both knew that he would be beyond upset by it. So, you both just thought that it would be easier to not tell anyone. You would rather have to keep your relationship a secret than not have it at all.

-----

You had told Dutch that you wanted to go into town and he offered to go with you but you assured him that you would be fine because Arthur was going to take you. So, Dutch assumes that Arthur was just going to look out for you, to make sure nothing happened to you, and thankfully thought nothing of it.

Dutch always preferred it that when you left the camp that you go with another member of the gang so that he feels more confident about you being safe, he is pretty protective over you and worries a little too much sometimes.

You gave your father a quick hug before heading over to the horses, where Arthur already was, preparing his horse for the trip. Arthur smiled at you before helping you onto the horse, then mounting it himself. Hosea spared you both a glace as he watched you ride out of the camp.

Now, you had never planned on going into town today, it had only been an excuse to get out of the camp with Arthur for a little while without anyone getting suspicious.

Arthur had actually taken you to a beautiful location that overlooked a lush valley, where wild horses roamed blissfully unaware of your presence.

You and Arthur had taken a seat on a large rock, giving you both an even better vantage point of the valley.

"It's beautiful today...it's nice to get out of the camp" you smile softly as you lean back on your hands, tilting your head back to feel the sun on your face.

"Tell me about it" Arthur chuckled to himself. "Here I got you something" he told you as he slipped his satchel off of his shoulder, sitting it on his lap.

You raised an eyebrow and sat up properly again, watching him curiously as he rummaged around in his satchel before pulling out a box. Arthur pushed the satchel off of his lap before holding the box, neatly wrapped in red paper, out to you. You took the box and lifted the lid.

"Chocolates?" you asked with a smile, turning your attention back to Arthur.

"They haven't melted have they?" Arthur asked with a small frown.