Micah Bell: Welcome Home

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: Some members of the gang follow Micah to find out where he has been disappearing to, this wasn't what they expected.

Word Count: 1700

Micah Bell had been running with the Van der Linde gang for a long time, long enough for them all to know that they don't like him. He wasn't exactly the most friendly person or the most pleasant person to be around. However, he had been around long enough for the others to accept him, even if it was reluctantly.

He had been around long enough to be trusted by Dutch but everyone in the gang knew that something was going on. Micah had a tendency to just disappear for days. Yes, Trelawny often came in and out of the camp but that's just how he was, he had other business to attend to. Micah, however, never seemed to have a valid excuse. He would always say that he was going on a job and then return days later, which just never seemed necessary to anyone else.

Everyone shrugged it off, at least he was bringing in cash and getting out of their hair for a few days. The concern only resurfaced when Micah started disappearing more often, rarely being around the camp unless he had a reason to be.

"Going somewhere, son?" Dutch asked as he walked over to Micah, who was packing Baylock's saddlebags.

"Just looking into a lead" Micah nodded as he fastened the saddlebag.

"Well, good luck" Dutch nodded at him before walking away.

Micah didn't think much about it as he mounted his horse and rode out of the camp. As Dutch sure Micah disappear just out of sight, he nodded to Arthur, prompting the younger man to go looking for John.

A healthy amount of suspicion was a good thing to have in this life and Micah's behaviour was certainly suspicious. That's what had the three men riding out of the camp, following Micah and leaving Hosea in charge of the gang.

The three of them followed Micah at a safe distance, making sure that Micah never saw them. They had a few close calls but managed just fine. Finally, they saw Micah ride up to a ranch and decided to stop.

Dutch, Arthur, and John dismounted their horses and just watched from a distance, the trees shielding them from sight. From there, they just watched as Micah dismounted Baylock and walked him over to the small stables, as if he owned the place. He set the horse up safely before closing the gate and walking back towards the ranch.

As Micah began to walk up the steps of the front porch, the door opened and a woman stepped out.

A bright smile was spread out over her face as Micah walked up to her. The three men were completely stunned into speechlessness as Micah wrapped the woman up in his arms and met her in a kiss. Then the men noticed how Micah's hand rested on the woman's round stomach.

"Huh" was all that left Dutch's mouth, his head tilting to the side slightly.

"No. This is a joke, right?" John shook his head before looking between the two other men.

"I don't believe it" Arthur shook his head, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched the scene playing out in front of them.

You pulled away from Micah and smiled up at him, your arms still draped over his shoulders. "You're back early" you commented, definitely not complaining about it.

"What can I say? I just couldn't stay away" Micah teased as he brushed his thumb against your baby bump.

"Come on, let's get you inside" you giggled as you took his hand in yours and pulled him inside.