Hosea Matthews: Home is Where you Make it

Hosea Matthews X Female Reader (Italian Reader)

Summary: After coming to your rescue, you join the Van der Linde gang. You ask Hosea to help you with your English, leading to you both spending a lot of time together.

Word Count: 2100

You felt the panic setting in as one of the two men in front of you pushed your shoulder, making you hit the wall behind you. The two men were towering over you, too large for you to move on your own. You felt completely defenceless.

"Excuse me gentlemen, is there a problem here?" a new voice appeared from behind the two men. Oh God, was there more of them?

"Mind your own business" one of your attackers turned and spat at the new voice.

"We're just having some fun" your other attacker huffed.

"Well your fun is over" the same unfamiliar voice told them, the voice followed by the sound of a gun being cocked.

"Ain't worth it anyway" one of your attackers mumbled, hitting his friend's arm, before they both walked away.

You were now greeted with two knew men standing in front of you. One had black hair that was neatly slicked back, the other man was older with neat silver hair.

"Are you alright?" the dark haired man asked, seemingly friendly enough, not as scary as the previous two men.

"Uh...Si" you nodded, letting out a breath of relief. "Grazie" you thanked them both for helping you.

"Italian?" the older man asked, recognising the language and accent.

"Si" you nodded again.

"Do you speak English?" the younger one asked. You didn't technically understand everything he said but you got the general idea of it.

"No, un po" you shook your head, uselessly trying to tell them very you only spoke a bit of English.

"My name is Hosea Matthews, this is my friend Dutch Van der Linde" the eldest gestured to himself and then to his friend. You understood 'my name is'.

"We aren't going to hurt you" Dutch attempted to reassure you. "Do you have any family near by?" he asked. Hosea glanced at Dutch blankly. You didn't understand them, why was he still talking like you could?

"Famiglia?" Hosea asked with a kind smile.

"No" you shook your head.

"Casa?" Hosea asked. He wasn't sure it actually made perfect sense but he thought that you would understand what he was trying to ask you.

"No" you sighed. "Parli italiano?" you asked him is he spoke Italian, or perhaps he only knew a handful of things like you did with English.

"Ah, no" Hosea shook his head, chuckling slightly. You smiled, thankful that he was trying.

"She has nowhere to go?" Dutch asked, turning his attention to Hosea.

"I don't think so" Hosea sighed, shaking his head. "What's your name?" he asked, turning his attention back to you.

"Y/n...my name is Y/n" you told them, showing them that you know a little bit of English. You only knew the basics really.

"We want to help you. We have a camp, somewhere for you to stay. We run with some good people. You will be safe" Dutch told you but you just frowned, you didn't understand him.

"Uh...mi casa su casa" Hosea tried his best to give you an idea of what Dutch was trying to say. Your eyes widened at his offer, were they being serious?