Charles Smith: Leader of the Pack

Charles Smith X Female Reader

Summary: Micah takes an opportunity to get rid of you for good, Charles goes searching for you, and you make some unlikely friends along the way.

Word Count: 6300

You were a relatively new member of the Van der Linde gang, you had joined them only a little while ago but you already felt at home. You got along with everyone in the camp but had gotten particularly close to Charles. You weren't sure why but the two of you had become close, enjoying each other's company.

However, it wasn't all perfect. You and Micah had never seen eye to eye, he had despised you from day one for a reason unknown to you. As soon as you joined the camp, Micah had been antagonistic. It wasn't even just mocking and pestering, he threatened you at least daily. At first you had done your best to ignore him, not wanting to rock the boat in the gang you had just started running with, but after so long you snapped and started arguing back.

Today was not a good day in your opinion. As you were heading to bed, after a night on guard duty, Dutch had sent you on job. You were beyond tired but you were still pretty new to the gang, so when Dutch ordered that you go on a job with Micah you didn't feel like you could say no. You just kind of had to do whatever Dutch said. Micah had complained about having to take you with him but Dutch shut him down quickly, much to your dismay.

So, you were forced to do the job together. You were now riding towards a that was a fair distance away from the camp, probably about two hours. It was a long ride but had a promising score. You were meant to be picking up some stolen guns that you would be able to sell for a good price.

The two of you had to take a wagon, to bring the guns back, and Micah had taken charge of the reins. You sighed as rested your head on your hand, bored out of your mind and tired beyond belief. Before you knew it, you had fallen asleep against your will.

You woke up suddenly, to the feeling of falling and then hitting the floor. You grunted as you collided with the floor, the impact knocking the wind out of you.

You placed your hands on the forest floor and pushed yourself up, looking around as you tried to gather your thoughts, you were still a little disorientated. You could see that you were deep in a forest somewhere and that the sun was setting.

How long had you been sleeping? How long have you been riding? You knew that town wasn't that far away, something wasn't right.

You sat up and glanced around, your gaze settling on Micah as he sat on the wagon still.

"What the fuck, Micah?" you asked, furrowing your brow at him. Did he just push you off of the wagon? What the hell was going on?

"Slackin' on the job, Dutch wouldn't be impressed" Micah chuckled darkly to himself, the sound making your stomach drop. Whatever was going on, it wasn't good.

"I fell asleep, I'm sorry. You could've just woken me up" you huffed as you pushed yourself up to your feet. "Where are we anyway? Are we near the town?" you asked, dusting your clothes off, even though something was telling you that you were nowhere near the town or the camp.

"Nah, took a slight detour" he shrugged.

"...alright" you squinted at him suspiciously, beginning to mount the wagon again. You could be bother arguing with this asshole, you just wanted to get the job done and get back to the camp. However, you halted your actions when Micah pulled out his gun and aimed it at you. "What are you doing?" you asked, stepping back from the wagon. You didn't feel like getting shot today.

"I don't like you" Micah told you, his tone almost mockingly. "You've been a thorn in my side ever since you stepped foot in the camp" he glared at you, his finger hovering over the trigger of his gun.