Micah Bell: Opposites Attract

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: Can two people who are so different really be attracted to each other?

Word Count: 5000

Everybody knew that you and Micah were complete opposites and there was no way to deny it. You were two opposite ends of a spectrum.

You were a kind and generous woman. You pulled your weight around the camp, going out on jobs with the men but even helping the women with their chores once you got back. When you had nothing to do, you would read with Mary-Beth or play with Jack. If somebody in the camp was having a rough time, you would by happy to talk to them about it and help them in any way you could, no matter who it was. While you were out on a job, you were controlled and did everything in your power to get through it without having to pull the trigger. You avoided hurting anyone unless you had no other choice, you would help people on the street, and you always had a warm smile on your face.

Micah, on the other hand, was nothing like that. He was rude and cruel. Sure, you could argue that he pulled his weight around the camp since he went on jobs for Dutch and followed leads that he came across. However, he often caused more trouble than he did help anyone. When he was sitting around the camp, he tended to just drink and antagonise the other members of the camp. Also opposite to you, when Micah was out on a job his first instinct was to handle things with violence, treats, or those precious guns of his. Micah seemed to enjoy causing others pain, he wouldn't even glance at a stranger in need, and he always seems to have a scowl on his face.

Ask any member of the camp and they would confidently tell you that you and Micah Bell were the completely opposite of each other, and they would be right. They would also confidently claim that you and Micah would hate each other, that you were too different to even hold a conversation, and you and Micah would have agreed with them when you first met. However, you soon started to realise that they might be wrong.

-----

You were sitting in the camp at the campfire, your only company being Micah as he sat at the fire as well. Despite the two of you both sitting at the fire, you were not actually sitting together. The silence was soon broken by Jack running over to you with a smile on his face.

"Y/n! I made you a necklace! I made momma one too. Do you like it?" Jack asked as he held the necklace towards you, a simple handmade necklace made from little red flowers.

"Like it? I love it! Thank you so much, Jack" you returned his bright smile as you accepted the gift. You put on the necklace, making Jack beam at you before running away again.

"Strange kid, that one" Micah mumbled, more so to himself that to you.

"Oh leave him alone, he's sweet" you chuckled, shaking your head at his comment but not seeming offend for upset with him. Micah was actually slightly surprised that you responded instead of just rolling your eyes and walking away like everyone else would.

"Shouldn't be making necklaces and playing with flowers" Micah mumbled again, part of him wondering if you would respond again or just ignore him.

"What? Is the four year old boy not manly enough? Does he not reach your standards?" you asked sarcastically, turning your full attention to him now but he just rolled his eyes. "Anyway, he's got it right. Bringing a woman flowers, he's already a gentleman" you shrugged, a smile still on your face but that didn't surprise Micah. You always seemed to be smiling.

"Gentleman" Micah scoffed, like it was a stupid concept. He was still confused by how easily you seemed to be talking to him and didn't seem to bothered by his attitude.