Arthur Morgan: Lost Boy Part 2

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: It's been a while since you and Arthur found Danny and took him back to the camp. A change worries Danny, making him wonder whether he was a part of the family.

Word Count: 1600

Arthur and John rode into the camp after just finishing a job, the pair of them dismounting their horses. The sound of approaching horses caught the attention of the two young boys who were playing in the camp. Jack and Danny looked up, smiling spreading over their faces when they saw that the two men had returned.

They both started running over to the two men, planning on greeting them with a hug. "Pa!" Jack smiled as he hurried over to his father.

Simultaneously the two men lifted the young boys off of the ground to greet them with hugs, chuckling along together at the boys' enthusiasm.

"Hiya Arthur" Danny smiled as he wrapped his arms around Arthur's neck, giggling when he was lifted from the ground with ease.

"How ya doing, kid?" Arthur asked as he and John walked off in separate directions.

"Good! How was your job?" Danny asked as Arthur placed him back down on his feet, ruffling his hair affectionately before they continued to walk further into the camp.

"Fine" Arthur nodded, that was all Danny needed to know. None of you shared details of jobs with Danny and Jack, for obvious reasons.

"Y/n said it would be fine" Danny nodded, you had already assured him that Arthur would be perfectly fine and that the job would be easy for him.

"Where is Y/N anyway?" Arthur asking, glancing around but not seeing you anywhere.

"She left with Sadie, I dunno why. She just said that she had to help her with something but that she would be back soon" the young boy told Arthur, coming to a stop when he did.

"Alright, perfect. Come on, I need ya help with something" Arthur nodded, placing his hand on Danny's shoulder as he turned around and started walking him back towards the horses.

"Really? Sure!" Danny smiled bright up at the man, excited to help. He didn't know what he was was supposed to help with but he didn't really care as Arthur placed him on top of his horse.

-----

It wasn't too long before you returned to the camp with Sadie, the two of you dismounting your horses before parting your ways and walking further into the camp.

You walked up to Arthur and greeted him with a hug, wrapping your arms around his neck, leaning up on your toes to press a quick kiss to his lips. Arthur just chuckled as his hands settled on your waist.

"You and Sadie do what you needed too?" Arthur asked.

"Yeah, didn't take long. How was the job?" you shrugged, beginning to play with the ends of his hair.

"Pretty simple. I mean, if John could handle it, it couldn't be too hard" Arthur joked with a small shrug of his own.

"Be nice" you chastised with a laugh as you playfully slapped his chest, making him laugh along with you.

"How do you feel about getting out of the camp for a little while?" Arthur asked before you could walk away.

"Sure, what't the occasion?" you asked, furrowing your brow at him slightly.

"Nothing, Danny just wants to go for a ride" he explained with another shrug.

"Sounds like fun, I'm ready to go whenever you are" you nodded with a smile, you had always loved spending time with Arthur outside of the camp and now you loved spending time with Arthur and Danny outside of the camp.