Dutch Van der Linde: Moving On

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: you catch Dutch red handed, luckily you have a great support system.

WARNINGS: Cheating.

Word Count: 2100

You started your relationship with Dutch sometime after he and Molly ended theirs. You could admit that he started pursuing you pretty soon after their break up but who were you to judge? You just assumed that their break up was mutual and that they were both moving on. In all honesty, you never actually thought about it much at all.

Dutch had been a gentleman from the beginning, being charming and kind. It was hard not to fall for him, it was like he told you everything you wanted or needed to hear. You were honestly happy with him, he made you feel special and loved.

-----

The gang was running a quick con job. And by 'the gang' you mean Dutch, Hosea, and you. Dutch went into town earlier to 'set things up' and you and Hosea were meant to meet with him later in one of the saloon rooms. Since you were just sitting around camp, waiting for the time to meet him to come, you thought that you might as well go early and wait with him. You thought that it might even be nice to get some time alone with him out of the camp, even if it was just for an hour or so.

So you rode into town by yourself, rather than waiting for Hosea to return to camp and head out with you. You hitched your horse outside of the saloon, recognising The Count hitched to another one of the posts.

You entered the saloon as walked straight past the bar and up the stairs, you recalled Dutch telling you 'room three'. So that's the room you looked for.

Coming to the first door you read "Room 1". You turned, about to keeping walking down the corridor but one of the doors opened.

Out of the room stepped a pretty young woman, wearing a simple dress but wearing it well. Before you could do anything, another figure stepped out of the room, this time a man and you froze on the spot.

Dutch was sporting a smirk as his hands settled on the woman's waist, her turning back to him with a soft smile on her face. He lent down, pressing a lingering kiss to her lips, before pulling away from him. The woman blushed before stepping away and Dutch smirked again, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against the door frame.

He watched the women walk away, watched her pass you, and then his gaze settled on your stunned figure.

"Y/n" Dutch's smirk fell from his face and his arms dropped to his sides as he pushed himself away from the door frame. "It's not what it looks like" he defended but you only scoffed, actually surprising yourself. You hadn't expected him to use such a cliche line.

"Then what is it?" you asked but didn't give him the time to answer. "Is it for the job? Is that it? Did you fuck her for work or for fun?" you asked, this time giving him options, making it easier for him to make up an excuse.

"Y/n..." Dutch was surprised by your question, not having expected you to react such a way if you ever found out. "She meant nothing to me" he told you as he stepped forward.

"Because that makes it better" you rolled your eyes, both in annoyance and in the attempt to hold back tears.

"My love-" Dutch spoke softly, reaching out and his hand brushing against yours.

"Don't call me that and don't touch me" you pulled your hand away from his. "If it wasn't clear, we're over" you told him before turning on your heel and walking away. You would not let this man see you cry.