A certain vow of silence...

Nihat Aydin was the man of the house. The one who made sure his beloved wife and two daughters he was fortunate to call his own had a good live. He was a man they could look up to. He was a caring individual with a heart of gold. But they all knew that the one who held the power in that house was none other that Mevkibe Aydin, mother extraordinaire...

Mevkibe was a woman filled with passion for life and love for her family. She cared for all those around her, not just her own children. She had great respect for tradition and family values. And those who knew her knew that she was not to be messed with. She meant business, and she always walked her talk. She never promissed what she could not deliver, and her words were good as gold.

But she made one unfortunate presumption. She assumed that the thought of marriage would do good to Sanem. And here was where she went wrong. Not in thinking that making Sanem think about marriage would force her to find work - that plan worked perfectly. But her mistake lay in the person she presumed to have found as Sanem's suitor. Muzaffer Zebercet Kaya, nicknamed by all Muzo. Mevkibe knew Muzo cared for Sanem deeply. However in her maternal wisdom she neglected to foresee one tiny little fact aside from Sanem's obvious discust with the fact that she may one day share her life with Muzo. Mevkibe neglected to foresee that she would now have to deal directly with Aysun - Muzo's overprotective mother. They always hated each other. Those feelings of mutual dislike for one another began in early youth days, when Aysun fell jelous and envious of Mevkibe. And those feelings never went away. They only grew stronger with time.

Mevkibe was a woman who could withstand a lot. She was built tough and with nerves of steel. But no one insulted her family and lived not to regret it. When Sanem made it clear she would never ever marry Muzo or take part in sharing her life with him, Aysun crossed a line which Mevkibe drew so vividly in her mind. Aysun insulted the entire Aydin family, and as a result watched Mevkibe unleash a mother's wrath. Mevkibe wasted no anger or passion or words in deffending her loved ones. In doing so, Mevkibe drew a crowd of neighbors all too eager to wittness something they would enjoy gossiping about. And that was just too much for Nihat...

Sitting by the window and watching her family exchange thoughts about what had happened made Mevkibe grew angrier. And the angrier she grew the more quieter she grew. She felt a storm brewing deep within herself that she knew only she could stop. But it would take time. So she made her certain vow of silence. One that always calmed her down and preventented words of anger from passing thought her lips and end up hurting the ones she loved. For her anger lay with Aysun and with herself. And the woman she was, she knew that words spoken with anger had a far greater power to hurt, than words of love had the power to heal at a time when a heart needed it most...