Courage of the Early Bird...

The potential of a person lays deep within their soul. In each person. Regardless of where they came from or who they are. That potiential is driven by the desire not as much to succeed, but to matter to the rest of the world. Whatever that world may be. Whether it be a person, a family, or the great big vast world. And it is in the very essence of determination fueled by desire that the potential of the person helps them to either overcome their fears, or fall just short of the victory line...

What mattered to Sanem Aydin ever since she learned to crawl? Ever since she took her first steps? It was the desire to create a world around her with her words. To create stories she held within her heart that made the dull world around her more colorful, more exciting. To become a writer, and to publish her novel. She did not know how she would get there, but she felt that her path would lead her there. That, she believed and acknowledged as clearly as she acknowledged the air in her lungs. But there was something she feared as much as she anxiously anticipated. And that was being recognized for her true potential. Being called out. Being told that her name finally stood for something...

Standing in a room full of her colleagues and being told that her script was chosen as one among hundrens of scripts shot through her system like a supernova. She could not have been happier if someone asked her to be. Her heart flew all the way up to the skies and ran cartwheels around the moon. She was proud. Proud of herself. Proud of her work. Proud of her own words. Best yet of all, her script won fair and square because all scripts were annonymous. No one played favorites. No one put her name on the top of the list because of who she was. Her script won because it was the best. Added to that was the fact that it was Deren herself who made the final choice. And to know that Deren was so impressed with her script that she personally chose it was worth everything to Sanem. Until...

Standing face to face with Can, even in a crowd, made her heart only notice him. She could not help but feel a pang of saddness and distance growing between them. He was in love with her. She was in love with him. But the shaddows of her mistakes and deeds she did for Emre weighed too heavy on her heart. How would she love him and not hurt him? How would she tell him she did not love him and not have her own heart fall apart? So facing him felt excrutiatingly painful. But she knew not being close to him would hurt even more. Yet the words he spoke just now shot through her more forcefully than the the supernova she felt a moment before. Because Can said that the scriptwriter was to be contacted. Was to be recognized for the great work he or she has done. And their name was to be announced. That brought on a level of fear she had not realized before. So her name was to be mentioned? She was to be made known to all her colleagues? She was now forced to claim ownership for her work? That was not something she gave full consideration before she wrote the script.

So she came up with a plan. She would surrender her rights as the scriptwriter. Surrender all rights and leave out her name off of the script. It would work. It would have to. And no one would ever know. She snuck away from the crowd and decided to call Can and advise him she was ready to give up all rights reserved for the scriptwriter. Loaded with the energy of being told her script had won, mixed with the prospect of telling Can she would rather remain unnoticed, she walked toward the coffee and tea breakfast bar, and she did it everso happily. She did a happy dance along the way too. The happiest happy dance she always dreamed she would do on the day her work would be acknowledged. It may have been just a small step, but it was an indescribably enormous stepping stone in her path. One she fully felt in her heart.

She called Can. And pretended to be someone she was not. Little did she know that Can caught on to her act almost from the very beginning. He was both amused and baffled as to why she would not want to take ownership of her work. Of her talent - which obviously she attempted to hide. He let her speak, and let her burry herself in pretending that her work did not matter to her. When she was done, he only smiled, leaned in over the cabinets she was hiding in, and told her in a pure Can Divit confident style that the meeting for the scriptwriters was about to take place, and that the Early Bird could not be missing from that meeting. And to make matters more interesting, and totally obvious, Can revealed the identity of the mystery writer to the one person he knew would spill that little secret. And he was not mistaken. Güliz proclaimed the news as loud as she could. And she could not have been happier. For both herself and Sanem. That only left Sanem fuming with simmering temper.

Walking into Can's office, Sanem felt confident. She chose her words wisely and admitted she would like to surrender her rights to her script. Whatever she hoped to accomplish failed miserably. Can was angry. Not only angry. He was disappointed beyond words. She was running away again. Running away from him. Running away from her writing. Running away from the opportunity that came her way. And he could not understand why. She was not just pulling away from him and his feelings. Now she was denying the fact that she had a real gift and talent. And he had enough of that. He cut her speech short. She wanted to surrender her rights? Fine. She wanted to just make copies and brew tea? So be it. But not at Fikri Harika. Not on his watch. She would have to decide to either own up to the gift that lay in her hands, or lay that talent to waste. Her choice. But she had to make up her mind once and for all. The road woukd split now, there would be no going back. She would either have to choose to stay and work with whatever talent she was born with, or leave it all behind. He thought he would scare her into staying, but he only reminded her how insecure she really was. So she left. With pain of lost love in her heart, and sorrow of lost dreams in her soul.

But not for long. She walked in to the screenwriters meeting with the car company with air in her hair. She swore at Can deep inside for knowing her better than she knew herself. Sanem Aydin never backed down from a challenge. And she was not going to bow down now either. She came in carried by her pride. But she stayed because of his belief in her and her potential. He could not hide his smile and happiness from her. No, not from her. He was glad she came back. And glad she finally realized what her talent should not be hidden. Should not be put to waste. And all she needed was to find the courage of the Early Bird. And find the courage to step up to her own game...