Simply put, Sanem....

Is logic logical? Is reason reasonable? Yes, and yes. Is love logical? That begs a different approach to the question, much more than the answer. Likewise as in the case of the question whether love is reasonable. Because the answer to that question is a loud YES, and at the same time an astounding NO. Especially, if it pertained to Sanem...

There was no question left if Can's mind that he was in love with Sanem. There was also no question left in his mind that she was smart. She was intelligent beyond limits she set for herself. She was brighter than all ideas she had come up with thus far. And she was much more talented and gifted that she gave herself credit for. He knew that. He also knew that there were many who only saw her as Sanem, the quirky, funny, shy yet not shy at all girl that spent much of her time in the archive room or his office. And he also knew that it was time to change that, whether she was ready for it or not. And the first person on his list of people to change their mind was Deren...

Can knew Deren much longer and much better than most of Fikri Harika's employees. She was smart. She was confident in her work. And she was devoted to the agency more than any other person he knew aside from his father Aziz. Employees feared her, but they respected her and listened to her. And that mattered. So he knew that if she showed others that she acknowledged Sanem's effort and talent, others would do so too. The only problem was, he wasn't sure how she would take it...

He did not have to wait long to find out. The agency was putting the final touches on the presentation for the Compass outdoor sports gear. All was going according to plan. Can's plan. And when Can Divit had a plan, it always worked out. So, to finalize his last part of the plan with regards to Sanem's work on the presentation, he needed to let Deren know that it would be Sanem who would do the presentation, not Deren. And he did. Only to find her choke at the mere mention of it. He remembered how Deren always treated Sanem, and this must have hit a nerve with her. A total pinch of a nerve. But there was no going back. He would never have allowed it. Sanem was going to lead the presentation. Because Sanem was aware of everything that involved the campaign. Because she knew the ins and outs of it. And because he trusted Sanem...

He expected Deren to be shocked. He knew she would not take it lightly. But he did not expect her to feel unappreciated. Never. He knew how much the agency owed to her. So he reaffirmed her by saying that she mattered. That she was valued. That she was important too. But she was too far gone in thinking that Can acknowledged Sanem above her. And no amount of COFFEE would help her now. So, she left his office and did what she always did best to ease the tension in the small of her neck. She let that tension loose on the agency's employees. Even on Ceycey, who hid under the table, and inadvertedly witnessed first glimpses of Emre's falling for Leyla...

As for Sanem, she was late for work herself. But she had a good reason, because she visited the gym where Can and Ceyda were to train and Can was to complete an interview that was set up by Ceyda. All thanks to Osman, Sanem and Ayhan would get to train for free in the gym in exchange for cleaning it. That was a great plan. An amazing plan. And it worked out as a charm. But it did not excuse Sanem from being late. And Ceycey knew she was late. He also knew that Deren would notice it at any moment. In fact, he even knew the exact precise moment, because of Deren's inexplicable daily routine, when she would call upon Sanem, no matter the reason, no matter the cause. And, she did so this time as well, down to the second. Ceycey did hisbest to avoid answering the question regarding Sanem's whereabouts. He babbled and went around in circles so that the question became the answer to the question demanding the answer...

And, just as he was running out of ways to paraphrase Deren's words, Sanem showed up, happy and cheerful as usual. To heighten her happiness, her colleagues helped her as much as they could to make sure that Deren did not notice that she came in late. Sanem's heart soared with happiness when her work friends helped remove her jacket and beret and backpack. No sooner that she was ready to face Deren, Deren turned to come face to face with Sanem. And what a happy face that was. Which only caused Deren to loose last bits of her sanity and concentration. She retreated to her office, leaving Sanem and Ceycey to talk. But they did not talk about work, they talked about Emre. Just as Ceycey was aware of Sanem and Can's love, he was aware of Emre's treachery. And his lies. And his fake games. He believed Sanem, and did not doubt in her words. They decided to keep an eye on Emre. A keen eye. A watchful eye. And the task ahead of them appeared as simple as the notion that their combined keen eyes did not even pick up on the fact that Can stood behind them. Right behind them...

Because Can asked Sanem to come to his office, she oblidged him with full attention and high spirit. He asked her about the presentation. There were still a few items to take care of, few tasks to be completed. Such as billboards. Because they were important. Çok important. She nodded, in complete understanding and yet unspoken misunderstanding of what it was he was asking about and what she was answering. Can knew she was previously not assigned to nor familiar with preparations of campaign billboards. So he asked if she was ready. She said she was ready for everything, because she faced him as she was, no mask, no facade, no needless boundaries between them. She was at his disposal, for whatever he needed.

The more questions he had for her, the more cryptic her answers were becoming. And more baffling. And peculiarly less understandable. All that mattered to Sanem was that he mattered. Because what mattered to Can mattered to her. Because, again, he mattered. He acknowledged her response, but not understanding of it. Not sure if he should have been amuzed or worried by her responses, he asked if there were any problems with the presentation. She replied there were none. And even if there would be any, she would solve them. Because she was there to help him. In any and every way, shape, or form.

Seeing that he was not getting anywhere with asking his questions, he decided to ask if there was anything that she would like to ask him about the presentation. Her short and confident no affirmed him in thinking that she had all her bases covered. It also reaffirmed him in thinking that she probably did not understand a word he was asking her. Because, sure as he was sitting there facing her, he did not understand a word of it himself. Simply put, Sanem was either too intelligent and confident to worry about the presentation, or too in love with him to hear his words. Either way he thought about it, both were in his favor...