A thin fine line between work and love...

When one falls in love, it is hard to separate love from everything else. Because the love in one's heart overpowers all senses. And yet, it is sometimes important to take a step back and consider to separate business from pleasure, and work from love. Even if the lines are blurry. Even if they don't mean anything at all.

Can sat next to Sanem in the company of her parents and felt steam of disbelief, frustration, and surrender come out of his ears. They had the perfect opportunity to reveal to Sanem's parents how they felt about each other. That they were together. That they were in love. As fearful as he was to let them know, he would have been just as relieved to finally be able to admit to Nihat and Mevkibe how much their daughter meant to him. But Sanem backtracked on his story, and twisted his words around. Whatever progress he felt he had made, now made him feel like he actually took two steps back. All because Sanem chose to use the fact that she was promoted to being a writer as an excuse to explain why she kissed him. Only, she did not know he was not a man who mixed work with love...

He could not understand why she was sulking on their way to work. After all, shouldn't it have been him who should have felt hurt that she did not want to admit to her parents that she loved him? Then again, it was Sanem, and she never did anything by the proverbial book. She asked him how he could have told them that she was the one who kissed him, hard enough to leave a mark. He only smiled, and said that he did not tell them they were beloveds, but they did have the right to know she was the one who kissed him. More importantly, that he wasn't kissed by anyone else but her that day. And the only good thing that came out of their conversation with her parents was the fact that they invited him for dinner that evening.

As the day went, the agency bickered back and forth regarding a new ad campaign. The final choice was to be decided between an action-packed campaign or a romantic one. Seeing as the company was divited on the subject, Can decided to create two groups who would collaborate on each idea, respectively. As Can expected, Sanem chose the romantic approach for the campaign. What he did not expect was for her to produce less that exceptional commercial scenario. He was not only surprised. He was amused. Where Sanem assumed he was only making negative statements about her work because Güliz was around, Can actually meant what he said. It was bad. Very bad. Very, very bad. So bad that he suggested she either burn it or throw it away. Whichever it was, she had to rewrite it.

When Sanem realized he meant what he said, she sulked. She pouted. She brooded over the idea that he did not back her up. Can asked her to meet him on the stairway behind the agency. So she did, but she was not happy. Seeing Sanem's face only made her appear more cute to him. He could not stand that they had to hide their love. She kept saying that one day they would reveal their love to everyone, but that day was not today. Even still, he was in love with her and her innocent mind. She was sweet, pure, and completely unaware that he considered work work, and love love. He loved her with all of his heart. But he was her boss, and he knew that work space carried with itself an obligation of hard work and commitment to it.

Moreover, he was beginning to see her true potential. He expected more from her because he knew she could offer more. Mediocre and average work may have been good enough for others, but never for him. And never from her. She was still sulking, so he explained that he expected more from her. And she should too. Because she was capable of great things. She should just trust herself, and let her talented mind dictate what she came up on paper. She should let her romantic heart lead the way in her work.

His words made her heart swim and her head spin. When she told him that he felt larger than life. And so fulfilled. He asked her for a kiss. One kiss to last him until the next kiss they would share. So she kissed him on his cheek. Again, on his cheek. He happily reminded her that they had gotten in trouble with her parents that way. So they should watch out and should be careful not to get in trouble that way at work. Because as much as he wanted to believe in his own words, that thin fine line between work and love was becoming more and more blurred, and less detectable with each day...