She risked it for him...

Courage comes at a time of need to those who choose to act to defend those who need help. Courage gives strength. Courage gives the will to keep going. Courage gives hope that fighting for a cause matters. Courage was also something that Can thought of often, because it did matter. As a young boy he fought to find courage to look forward to life, even after he was left behind by his mother. Or, maybe because she left him behind. He fought with himself and with those around him to find courage to see himself as someone worthy of love. Yet it came at a price, because as much as he fought to find the courage to be loved again, he closed his heart little by little whenever he was hurt each time and again.

Standing in the doorway of the supposed hacker's home, Can was baffled to find Sanem there with Emre. He knew Emre was there. But why Sanem was there as well, he hadn't a clue. Behind them stood a meek and frightened little man. The would be hacker. Can did not know what to think of him. The fury and rage were back in his eyes. But he kept his temper at bay. He needed answers, and needed them now. Why were they all there? How did they get there? Why on earth did this poor excuse of a hacker attack him in the worst possible of ways? And why, of all things, did Sanem look so frightened with tears in her eyes.

When he came in Sanem had told Emre she would reveal everything to him. Emre stopped her from speaking, and revealed to Can that Sanem was the one who tracked down the hacker. She was the one who saved him, and his reputation. He wanted to thank her, but he did not even get a chance to say a single word. The hacker moved everso swiftly and quickly and pushed Sanem onto the breakfast bar. Can's world froze and his heart stood still. He saw all of what happened as if in a slow-motion. Sanem fell, she lay unconscious. He could care less where the hacker fled. All that mattered was that Sanem regained consciousness and that no harm came her way.

She lay on the floor and did not move at all. He rushed to her side and carried her onto the couch. The fact that she lay lifeless in his arms turned his insides into knots. He couldn't think. He couldn't speak. His heart only knew one word now. Sanem. Sanem. He repeated her name as if he were enchanted. As if calling it out in a certain way would make her come back to him and regain consciousness. He caressed her hair. He held the icepack as gently as he could. He begged the luck of their fate for her to be alright. When she opened her eyes he could honestly say he had never felt more relieved in his life than he felt at that moment. She attempted to sit up, still a bit dizzy from the blow to the head she received. He could not stand it anymore. Boundaries or no boundaries. Feelings hidden deep within, or sizzling right at the surface. He had to hold her. He needed to feel her close to him. Needed to make sure she was safe in his arms. He held her tight. He held on. And did not want to let go...

When Emre returned with the hacker in hand, Can could no longer control his temper. Not only did that man attack his career. Not only did he smear the name of the charity they wanted to help. But he hurt Sanem. And that was something Can would never forgive him for. He would never forgive himself for it either. Can screamed and shouted, and barely contained the anger that took hold of his heart. But he not only scared the hacker, he scared Sanem as well. The man was to blame, but he was too, for failing to control himself. Sanem called out his name. And calmed him down. Emre had told him to take care of Sanem, and leave the hacker to Metin and the Police. Can listened. Because nothing mattered more at that moment than making sure Sanem was not harmed...

Laying down at night Can could not calm down. The events of the last few days changed his life more than he understood at first. And it did not pertain to his career. For the first time in his life he began to trust another person. Not only with the knowledge of his cottage. Not only with the stories of the moonstones and of his photoshoot in Sri Lanka, and that he had been hurt there. But he trusted Sanem with something that he never thought would be possible. He was beginning to understand that his heart saw something in her it never saw in anyone else before. He finally realized that his heart began to open up. Sanem went to great lengths to not only find him, but to find the person who hurt him and his career. No one ever made him feel appreciated that way. Because she risked her life. Because she risked it for him...