When conscience starts speaking louder...

Sanem based her life on the principle of righteousness. She believed in that virtue. In the goodness of people. In choosing right over wrong. Good over bad. Likewise, she had a conscience that led her to look down upon those who chose the bad side of life. Those who chose to seek personal gains and chose to hurt people. The selfish ones. The bad ones. She had no idea that she entangled herself in a web of good and bad vices that skewed her perception of the strong line of difference between good and evil. But she was beginning to feel something wasn't right...

Sanem met Can Divit after she heard many stories of him. Many sides of stories from people who seemed to know him. Her sister Leyla. His co-workers. Even his brother Emre. They all told a story of a reserved man who came and went as he pleased. A man of a hot head and cold heart. A man of little conscience and even less consideration for those around him. And because those people seemed to know him more than she did, she believed them. What made it worse, in hopes of helping her family she accepted Emre's offer which forced her to help him to work against his own brother. And she believed everything would be alright, except for the fact that she was beginning to see all those around him were wrong about him...

From the moment she herself met Can she noticed that he noticed her. True, the fact that she was new, and the agency searched for a spy within the agency, made her a perfect candidate to trust according to Can. So both Can and Emre turned to her for assistance. But there was something more to it when it came to Can. She did not know why, but what he did and how he acted began to matter to her. And it wasn't because she tried to find evidence of him being the Bad King. That was her nature - to search, see, and verify if someone was good or bad. She realized there was more to him than just a bad reputation of who he was. When she came face-to-face with him for the first time at the agency he made a first impression on her that denied all logic. She did not see a bad man. Yes, he was a reserved man. Yet she felt she saw a man somehow hurt inside so much that he hid everything behind the deepest brown eyes she had ever seen. She did not just look at him. She was so mesmerized by his eyes that she looked deeper into them. She did not see any bad vibes or dark light. But she noticed he looked into her eyes too...

That voice of conscience kept creeping up on her. It was just a whisper at the beginning. But that whisper   kept coming back. And it kept getting louder as time passed. She was beginning to see a side of Can that no one mentioned before. And she wondered why. Was it that the people that spoke of Can never bothered to really take the time to look past his reputation? Or was it that for whatever reason he chose to show that side to her. Just her. The fact that they worked together forced them to work in close proximity. Yet she noticed he tended to her more than the others. Others did not see it, but she did. And  she preferred it that way.

That voice of conscience came back again after Sanem's encounter with Can in his room. She still tried to wrap her head around the fact that she ended back in his room. And in his shirt. What sort of luck kept guiding her back there? Would she ever believed anyone if they told her that story of coincidence if they were her? But Can did. And he wasn't mad. He was amused. More, he told her he wasn't surprised because he learned to expect everything from her. Her head swam with happiness when he said that. Because that told her he cared enough to pay attention to her, and what she did. But that also told her that she was beginning to care. Care for his actions and care for him. And the fact that she lied to him about trespassing and the engagement ring weighted more and more heavily on her heart.

So she approached Emre and begged him to take the ring back. She was done lying. She was done spying on Can. Because he was a good man, she was beginning to see that. He wasn't a bad king at all, she was beginning to feel that. To her astonishment Emre felt no remorse for their lies and the spying. More than that, he returned the ring back to her and told her they had an agreement. He went so far as to remind her that he did give her the money, and that she owed him. He said so with no feeling in his words. No emotions of guilt in his face. And she was beginning to realize that perhaps she misjudged the two brothers. Perhaps it wasn't Can who possessed a cold heart. Perhaps Can wasn't the bad king she took him for. And just perhaps that voice of conscience that kept speaking louder was trying to warn her of what was soon to pass...