A good morning for a new fresh start...

What could be said to a heart that wants to move on from a first love? Stay strong? Good luck? Or, good luck, you fool? There is something within the heart that makes one remember first love in a different kind of way than all others. There are some that call their first love the everlasting and that only kind of a love. Then there are some who move on, and keep that love in their memories. And then there was Sanem. She fell in love for the first time in her life. She fell for Can so deeply that she gave her whole heart to him. She also realized that he fell for her too. But life delt her a painful blow in that she fell in love with a man whom she lied to. Then she met Polen, and that broke her heart for she realized she could never compete with her. So she decided to give up and move on. Little did she know that Can could not have agreed with her more. She would not compete with Polen, because Polen was so out of Sanem's league that Polen stopped exisiting to Can altogether...

Holding the Divit pen in her hand, Sanem let her heart inspire the words. They were painful, but needed to be penned down. They were filled with sorrow. With lost hopes. And lost dreams. She dreamed of Can. But he now proved himself to be an impossible dream. So far out of reach and so far out of reality. So she turned to her own heart. To the way it ached. She recalled the story of the Bride Rock she once mentioned to Can. She loved, she hoped,  but now was faced with two options. To turn into a bird, or turn into a rock. Becoming a bird would not be an option. So she would let herself turn into a stone, let her heart to turn into a stone. And she was crazy enough to believe it could be done. Was foolish enough to try to convince herself she could move on from Can, and from his feelings for her.

She tried to convince herself that it no longer mattered what Can thought of her. She was not tall. She was not blonde. She was no scientist to say the least. She was herself, and that was that. She could not compete with Polen. She simply would not. Self-esteem was no issue there. She saw that no matter how much she would try, she would not fit his type. Even if he did look her way, he would see her, not anyone else. Not anyone else that would try to make him like her. So she let herself open a new page of her life. She returned to Fikri Harika. If he was no longer there? So be it. Güliz was there, so was Ceycey. Even seeing Deren made her happy. But Ceycey was the one who brought out her true smile. He always did. He was no more surprised to see her there than he was to see her sipping coffee. It was a new her. It was a new day. She turned the page in her life, and all seemed brighter. And just as wonderfully crazy as she had remembered.

Güliz applauded her newfound confidence. They made a decision to find out what life held in store for her. They would read off of coffee grinds. And so they did. Her fortune told of a bearded man clad in blue and white that would walk into her life. It spoke of not one, but two kisses. It spoke of three periods after which she would come to realize that the man was her soulmate, her foreverafter. Would she have believed if someone told her that her second kiss with Can would help reveal he was her albatross? Would she have believed if someone told her that it would take three engagements to Can to make her realize he was her foreverafter?

The man that walked in to Fikri Harika was in fact a bearded man clad in blue and white. He seemed dashing. He seemed to fit the bill of a would be albatross. But he was as far from a charming prince as one might imagine. Because the true prince of Sanem's heart walked in not far behind him. And it was his eyes that revealed his feelings for her. So did his smile. She too was still under his spell. And she knew it too well.

They spoke briefly. Both happy to see one another. Both glad that neither one left. He spoke lightly, she all but whispered back. She thought how insecure see must have seemed to him. He all but fell at her feet knowing she was just perfect the was she was. Soft and beautiful, and all totally Sanem. She was glad he did not leave. But more glad was her heart. It was a good morning. A good morning for a new fresh start...

A LEAP OF THE EARLY BIRDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें