Slow and steady...

What could be said about the pace of life? Some prefer a fast pace with the rush of adrenaline flowing through their veins. Some prefer a slower pace that is based on the harmony of flow of the surrounding energy. Likewise, the pace of life is not as much about running late or showing up early. It is not about experience or knowledge of life, or lack of it.
With that being said, sometimes pausing long enough to 'smell the roses' may offer a chance to realize that life may offer more than the opportunity to jump at the first glance. It may offer much more...

Heading to the agency in the morning made Sanem hopeful for what the day may bring. She always hoped for the good moments in the day. Even on days when hope seemed hopeless. Maybe especially on those days. She was a dreamer, but she was much more than that now. She was a dreamer who was in love. Because to possess hope and love in one's heart carries with it the power for dreaming beyond limits. She remembered when her heart felt as if it would never be able to dream or hope again after Can broke up with her when the truth saw the light of day about her involvement in Emre's plan to bring Can and the agency down.

But now... Now she faced the new day with a brand new set of hope. And all of it was because of Can. She accepted the fact that they would not be more than friends in the future. But in comparison to not having Can in her life at all, friendship with him seemed like a gift from fate. A true gift. One she would not dare to jeopardize. And one she cherished with all of her heart. To think that she was able to enjoy an evening with him by the riverside, even if just as friends, meant so much to her. In fact, enjoying the evening with Can as friends enabled her to look past the love she held for him in her heart. Because she began to notice that he was more than just what he wanted others to see. He was so much more than that. He was kind. He was sincere. He was able to talk to everyone the same way, regardless of where they came from or who they were. And he always stayed true to himself.

And then, there was the promise he made to her. One she would not ever forget and one she would keep dearest to her heart. He promissed to show her the world. Whether he meant the whole world or just parts of it. She would take him up on that promise and hold him accountable for his words. However long it would take. She had never left Istanbul before. She only dreamed of going to Galapagos. And never had she imagined that there could be a world inbetween those two places that would interest her enough to go there. But with Can, she realized she would go anywhere he would ask her to go. As long as he was there with her. As a friend, or something more than that...

Her daydreaming and walking around the agency was interrupted by Can showing up at the agency. She rushed to bring him çay, but she realized he was in Deren's office. She decided to listen on to their conversation, not realizing that she would not only find out just how much Can believed in her, but she would also come to warm up to Deren in the end. Can had come to speak with Deren because he wanted to calm her restlessness after finding out that she was to take a back seat for the upcoming campaign since Sanem would lead the way this time. Deren was clearly affected, and worried as well. But the more she grew worried, the more Can remained calm. Though he had not noticed that Sanem listened on to their conversation, he would have meant his words just as much if she stood right next to him. He asked Deren if she ever heard about the story of the rabbit and the turtle. Deren replied that she did, and was not at all calmer than she was a few minutes ago.

Can smiled, and advised her that it wasn't about the speed. At least not for him. It was about the difference in the approach between the two animals that mattered. And it was that approach that made the difference. Because the rabbit was aware that he was fast and skilled, so he sped most of the way and realized that he did not have to try as much since he was the best. But the turtle took his time, and put his heart and tried his best in the race because the race mattered to him. It wasn't as much about the victory, as it was about believing that the race itself mattered. And those words made Deren think. Because she began to realize that it wasn't just Can's attraction to Sanem that made her advance in the agency. Maybe it was more than that. Maybe Sanem did, in fact, possess something that made her more of an asset to the agency. Maybe she was more talented than what Deren gave her credit for? Maybe...

Unbeknownst to them, Sanem came to Deren's office. Though she did not reveal that she heard Can's and Deren's conversation, she did bring a peace offering for Deren. Çay. Çay that she brewed herself. Though Can was surprised, not as much as Deren was, he smiled at Sanem's gesture. Because he knew that Sanem was very special, and the fact that she extended her hand first to Deren only reaffirmed his view of her kindless...

As the agency gathered in the conference room, it was Sanem's turn to lead the way. And she did so with flying colors. She barely took time to breathe between sentences. She not only did an amazing job with the presentation, she did so in a way that everyone understood. And it also impressed Deren, even though Deren tried to hide it. But it was Can's opinion that mattered to Sanem. And the fact that he believed in her meant so much to her. He praised her, and spared no words when telling her that he felt they had a great chance with winning the campaign. But what he did next surprised everyone. Can mentioned he had promissed that he would come up with a gift for the person who came up with the slogan. And he wanted to let everyone know he did not forget about his promise. He pulled out a little pink box with a golden ribbon. He presented it to Sanem, and hoped with all of his heart that she would like it. She opened the box, and pulled put a key...

Sanem found out that it was a key for a brand new scooter. And now the scooter belonged to her. To HER. And to know that she earned it and worked so hard for it filled her heart with indescribable gratitude. They drove out of the agency, and away from their worries, if only for a moment. As they switched the seats, and Can took the reigns into his hands, Sanem sat in the back and enjoyed the moment to the fullest. Especially when Can took hold of her hands, brought them to his chest, and told her to hold on to him. And she did just that, and would do so for as long as she could. Driving through the city, enjoying the view and each other, they began to understand that getting to know each other and taking the time to enjoy the little moments meant as much as giving in to the rush of falling in love. And Can's words to Deren that slow and steady meant being able to notice more of the little details in life rang so true in their hearts. Because those little details began to add up to the big picture which took up all of their hearts...