A miscalculated strike...

There is an old saying that he who finds a true friend, finds a treasure. Those who do, understand how accurate and true those words really are. But there is a flipside to that loyal sort of friendship... And that is realizing that one may trust a friend more than their own sibling...

Sanem discovered that Emre was as vile of a character as possible. He did not care about his brother. He did not care about his father. Quite frankly, he couldn't care less about the future of Fikri Harika or its employees. He only cared about himself and his own personal gains. But he underestimated Sanem. And to underestimate an opponent NEVER works in one's favor. Sanem may have been inexperienced and shy, but she knew how to recognize something that did not feel right. Even if it took her the longest of time to do so. Once she realized that someone, or something, was bad, she found the strength and courage to fight for what was right...

Sanem was glad she finally realized what Emre was up to. She was glad that she found Emre's and Aylin's contract, which proved how bad Emre was. But at the same time it also meant that Emre was out to hurt Can and Aziz Bey and the agency. As much as she hurt Can by revealing her lies to him, and as much as she knew that telling him the truth about Emre would intensify that pain, she also knew that he deserved to know the truth about his brother. She met with Ayhan and Osman. They were her friends. Closer than that, they were her trusted companions who were aware of her history with Can. Osman could not believe that Emre was that vile of a man. But he was hardly surprised. To say that he hated Emre was an understatement. He loathed him.

To be frank, both Osman and Ayhan were concerned with Sanem. Not as much for the lies she told, as much for realizing that she got herself involved in a very dark sort of intrigue. It wasn't everyday that someone partnered with a family's enemy to bring the family and its business down. And that was exactly what Emre was doing. Sanem agreed, and added that Emre knew exactly what he was doing when he tried to convince her that it was Can who was a bad man, and used her good heart against her and against Can. Worse, it appeared from the paperwork that Emre was trying to bankrupt the agency so that he could open his own company himself. Sanem told them that she had to tell Can the truth. He deserved to know. Osman, the caring brother of a man that he was, mentioned that maybe making Can realize how bad Emre was, it could open up a way for Can to forgive her? Sanem replied there could be no chance for that, and she did not count on that, she only wanted Can to know the truth...

She called Emre. Confidence in her voice scared Emre more than he let it show. He thought that his day could not have gotten any worse after Can told him to leave the agency, but he was mistaken. He realized that now. When Sanem called, he was in a restaurant. And he completely forgot where he was. When Sanem told him she had the document proving his contract with Aylin, his blood froze. But when she told him that he had three hours to tell Can the truth, his blood boiled. He shouted at Sanem, then he shouted at Aylin. And again blamed them for everything and all of his deeds...

But calling Emre also put an unforeseeable consequence in Sanem's plan to reveal the truth to Can. Because no sooner than Sanem got home and awaited Emre's call, he did call - but not her. He called Leyla. She may have been her sister's sibling, but she was in love with Emre, and was blinded by that love. She met with Emre and ended up taking Emre's and Aylin's contract from Sanem. Unbeknownst to Sanem. That act of Leyla's betrayal of her own sister gave Emre enough of a nerve to call Sanem's bluff, and he said he will not tell anything to Can. Moreover, he advised Sanem that if she dared to go against him, she would be the one whose way harm would come.

Left with no choice, and hurt and saddened in her own kind of way by Emre's words, Sanem went to see Can. But fate was not in her favor that night. Or, maybe fate knew better than to let truth be revealed that very night. Because Can was not alone, he was with Deren. And when Sanem realized that the folder she presented to Can did not include Emre's contract with Aylin, she knew something wasn't right. Something was off. Her strike was a miscalculated strike. She just did not know why, at first. Even if the next day Osman knew right away exactly who was responsible for the contract's disappearence...