Chapter 49: (Damien's POV)

When I went back to check on my mother and brother; she was asleep on the couch while Christian was sleeping on the couch across from her. It was what I found in the basement that was quite satisfying. 

My father looked like hell. My mother had very clearly beat the hell out of him.

I got up close to see if he was still breathing and he was, but just barely. My mother had beat him within an inch of his life. I'm certain she planned to do it again when he was healed enough. 

I sat in front of him and simply listened to his shallow breaths. 

If only e could've been a better man then things wouldn't be this way, had he been a loving father, and doting husband with only eyes for his wife then he could be living it up in the family manor with his children and grandchildren, but instead he wanted to compete with his sons. Pathetic. 

"Enjoying the view. You like seeing me down don't you, boy?" My fathers voice grumbled. 

"Actually, no. I don't enjoy this. I truly wish things were different, but you refuse to let go of this insane notion that you and my fiance belong together or that she belongs to you." 

"The Connection that she and I had was different. You'll never understand." 

"Well, when she tells it, it sounds more like she was naïve and you took advantage of that naivety." 

"Is that what she told you?" my fathers frown deepened.

"Those weren't her exact words but that's what I take a way from what she's told me." 

After that he didn't talk anymore. I guess that hurt his feelings.

I got up and made my way back upstairs where my mother and Christian were. 

"Like my handy work?" My mother asked with a smirk on her face. 

"Yeah.. It's real.... Handy." 

Christian shook his head. Although he didn't agree with my methods, he definitely understood. 

"I'm coming over later. I want to speak with Aaliyah." My mom stated. 

"Why would I allow you around my fiance whom you hate?" I raised my brow. 

"I don't hate her." She sighed. 

"If you don't hate her then what?" I asked. 

"I made an assumption and judged her harshly based on that assumption." 

"Why the change of heart?" 

"Your father told me that they were never an item. He longed for her but she never gave him a chance because of the age gap. She only allow them to be friends." 

"Why didn't you believe her when she told you she'd never slept with him?" 

"Why would I?" 

'Why wouldn't you?" 

"Regardless, now that you know I don't have ill intentions when it comes to my visit; will you allow me to make amends with my soon to be daughter in law?" 

"Yes. I will." 

"Good then when I'm finished at your place I can come back here and beat your fathers ass some more." She smiled. 

-----------------------------------

When my mom, Christian, and I walked into the mansion all I could smell  was soul food. Which meant Aaliyah was cooking tonight 

"Mom, stay here while I let Aaliyah know you're here. I don't want to ambush her."

"I understand, Son." 

I walked off into the kitchen. Aaliyah was dancing to some African music ( AN: I've in the more recent years fallen in love with African music. Artists like Kizz Daniel, Davido, Maleek berry, Simi, and Tiwa Savage. Which is why I always have Aaliyah Dancing to African music.)  and cooking. 

"Micio, what are you cooking? It smells lovely." I walked over to her wrapping my arms around her waist hugging her from behind. 

"Turkey wings. Collard greens, homemade stuffing, candied yams, cornbread, and green beans." 

"Damn, that even sounds lovely." 

"Oh, you just don't know, daddy. It will be." She turned around and hugged me back. 

"I have something I need to tell you." 

"Oh Lord." She sighed as she pulled away. 

"My mother is here and she wants to apologize." 

"Apologize? Did hell freeze over?" She asked. 

"She had an epiphany after talking and beating the hell out of my father." 

"You mean it took her Ex-Husbands word that we never shacked up together for her to believe I wasn't a home wrecking little whore?" She retorted. 

"More or less."  I shrugged. 

"Okay. I'll hear her out." 

"Thank you." I kissed her forehead.

I walked out to go get my mother. 

"Mom, she'll see you." I told her as I motioned for her to go into the kitchen.