Chapter 26 (Aaliyah's POV)

I sat in Damien's home office going through the underground office footage. There were a lot of things that I had seen that was just simply negligent on his employees part.

I was trying to figure out what Danielle's part was in the underground because she was in none of the older footage but she was in all of the recent footage, ranging from the past week or two. She didn't really contribute to anything. She didn't deal, she didn't cook nor measure, she wasn't a cleaner. She didn't know shit about the weapons department. She was just there. Like a disease that just wouldn't go away.

There were two monitors sitting in front of me; one showing old footage and one showing new footage.

When Damien said that I'd be reviewing what was going on in the underground, he meant behind the scenes, not up close and personal. Not that I was complaining because this gave me something to do.

Marcella was downstairs watching the twins. She was really here simply to keep the twins and I company while Damien was working. And I loved having her around and so did the twins.

I thought Marcella was Damien's mother's sister but come to find out she's his fathers sister and let's just say they don't look very much alike.

Earlier this morning she and I were talking about Charles being a dick. She said that "Charles has always had a few issues. Not saying it's right because I'd kick his ass if I could but Charles has been in competition with Damien since he was born. That's why once Damien was grown, his marriage to Lila didn't last. He wanted to sleep with as many women as his son did. Pitiful really."

Pitiful indeed.

Marcella also told me that I'd meet Dalia, Lila's sister. She also said that Dalia and Lila didn't get along, so, Lila's dislike for me wouldn't affect how Dalia treated me. But I truly didn't believe that.

Lila thought I was another one of Charles whores who helped tear apart their marriage but little did she know I didn't start feeling anything for Charles until their divorce was finalized. But regardless as long as Lila had a burning dislike for me because of her assumptions she'd never know the child growing inside me.

My parents on the other hand hadn't spoken to me in damn near Eight years because I had married Niko. Not that I cared because they were never really there anyways, their careers were too important.

As much as I wish my children had amazing grandparents, they probably never will.

"Aaliyah, Honey." Marcella knocked on the door.

"Yes mam." I answered.

"Lunch?" She asked as she walked into the room.

"You made some?" I asked as I leaned forward in my chair.

"Yes. Come on. I know your pregnant butt is hungry." She laughed.

I hurried from behind the desk and made my way to the kitchen behind her.

"Mommy, look!" Isa ran up to me shoving a piece of paper in my face.

"Oh okay. What is this?" I asked leaning back trying to get a hold of the paper she shoved into my chest so I could get a good look.

It was a rose. The detail was immaculate.

"Isabella, you drew this?" I asked

"Yeah, you like it?" She asked with wide eyes swimming with hope.

"I love it, baby. I'm going to frame it in my bedroom where I can see it always."

"Can I color it first?"