Chapter 40 (Niko's Letter to Aaliyah)

Dear Sweets,

I know the last person you want to hear from is me, but I've come to realize the error of my ways. Sadly, it took my mother and Mo'nique's threats to actually get me to my epiphany.

When we were in high school running drops for Cane, I thought you were the coldest woman I'd ever met. You were nonchalant, quiet, and you had this dead look in your eyes. You never wanted to conversate anymore than what was needed in order to do the job. Then I got to know you, the real you and that's when I fell in love with you the first time.

But when your parents built that case against me, I had to flee, so, I could keep my freedom. When I moved to Cali I told you I was there to get my life together but realistically I was still doing the same thing, just with a different area code. I was working with my brother under my fathers commands and my brother and I formed a bond.

Then came the day when they brought him back to my fathers trap house in a body bag. When we asked who killed him, they described you perfectly. I got angry. Angry at myself because I loved you and angry at you because some how you'd tricked me into trusting you. But I guess i was the one to blame because I never truly knew what you were capable of.

That's when I planned my revenge.

Kitai and Isabella were never apart of my plan, they kind of just happened but I don't regret my children. I also don't regret you being their mother because they couldn't have better mom.

Regardless, I fell in love with you all over again when I first came back. I remembered why i had trusted you in the first place. Something about you made me feel secure as a man and a husband. Then one night you pissed me off to the point of no return. And I can't remember what it was you said or did but it made me remember why I had reunited with you to begin with.

At that point we had the twins, so, I couldn't hurt you the way I wanted to. So, I had to revise my plan again. This time I wanted to hurt you to your core because you'd made me fall in love when I should've hated you. Then when I put my revised plan into action, the more I hurt you the less satisfied I was, the more disdain I felt towards myself.

You were truly the perfect wife, the perfect woman, the perfect friend. I will forever regret the hurt and pain that I have caused you.

Deep Down I always I knew that if you'd known who my brother was then you would've spared him. But I guess I wanted to believe that you had done it to spite me.

The Gang fundamentals are dog eat dog. You eat or be eaten. I knew that. You Knew that. My Brother knew that.

I know you'll be skeptical about my apology and I don't blame you. You probably aren't ready to forgive me and I don't expect you to forgive me. But I mean this apology from the bottom of my heart.

Congratulations on your Engagement and the baby. I wish you and Damien the best of luck as you two embark on this new chapter of your lives.

Yours Truly,