Chapter 34 (Aaliyah's POV)

I had been planning the engagement party for the past week and a half with Marcella's help. I'd set the date and I had sent out the invitations. Hopefully everybody who was invited would attend considering I only invited people who were important to me and Damien.

"Mom, can Kitai and I go play outside?" Bella asked as she walked further into the library.

"That's fine. Take Gio with you."

I was actually beginning to like Gio. He was completely one with my children but it wasn't a surprise because Gio was a huge kid himself. He and Damien were polar opposites, so, I didn't really understand how they tolerated each other enough to be friends.

I continued searching for Venues online. I had been through dozens and I wasn't impressed. I wanted something outdoors and very country like. Something that scream nature. With lilies, sunflowers, lavender, brilliant colors, and vibrant lights.

At the moment, the French Rivera and Hotel Bellevue Syrene seemed like my only options. I would look into them both a little more later in the week.

I had started at Damien's company a few days ago and well his employees were definitely more welcoming than the ones in New York.

Damien introduced me as my own woman and then as his soon to be wife.

*Flashback*

"I know many of you are wondering who this beautiful woman is, so, let me introduce you to the New CFO of Arden Industries. Her name is Aaliyah Daniels. She is a superb business woman and I hope you will welcome her with open arms. Aside from being the CFO, she is also my Fiancé and will be treated with respect in regards of that aspect as well as CFO. There will be no rumors because I asked her to be my CFO because of her emasculate skills to close a deal. If I hear any rumors about Miss.Daniels whoever started it will be fired on the spot and whoever help spread it will be fired as well. Therefore I suggest you keep your gossip on your own time in your own houses and not on company property. Her office will be next door to mine. Would you like to add anything Miss.Daniels?"

"Nope. I think you covered everything. I looked forward to working with you all. Now, please Arden let the people get back to work."

"Dismissed." he held out his arm beckoning me to walk ahead of him out of the large conference room.

*Flashback over*

He'd tried so hard to keep things strictly business at the office but that failed two days ago when he boned me on his desk during lunch.

Luckily though I'd closed the deal with Regal Inn that same day and we would start the reconstruction next week after the appt with my Ob/GYN which happened to be Jason, Damien's friend.

"Bella, you mighty quiet up here." Marcella walked in with a cup of tea and handed it to me.

"Thanks, Dia. I'm just thinking." I grabbed the mug out of her hands.

"No think too much. You stress yourself." I had never noticed before by Dia did speak broken English.

"I'll try not to." I smiled.

"I'm so glad you are my niece. Damien Choose a real gem when choose you. I love you and those beautiful little dough biscuits." She kissed my cheeks.  Everyday Marcella because more like a mother to me. She was sweet, loving, caring; she was nothing like Charles. Her attitude and her personality made it hard to believe they were siblings.

"Marcella?"

"Yes."

"Will you be my Dula?"