Chapter 39 (Damien's POV)

I walked up to the guest bedroom Christian was sleeping in and barged in.

"GET YOUR ASS THE FUCK UP!" I barked as I walked across the room opening the curtains letting the sunshine stream through.

"Fuck, Fratello. Why are you so loud?" Christian groaned putting a pillow over his head?

"Get up, wash your ass, and be in my office in a hour. If not I'm coming back up here to beat your fucking ass." I walked out of the room and slammed the door behind me.

"Are you okay?" Aaliyah asked softly as she stood by our bedroom door.

"No. I want him out of our house."

"I understand that but obviously you two need a nice deep conversation about your relationship." She followed me into my office.

"I don't have very much to say to Christian." I shrugged grabbing the whiskey and a glass off of my shelf.

"Don't you think it's a little too early for a drink." Her brow raised as she watched me fill the glass.

"No. I don't."

"Well I do. Drinking isn't going to help your conversation with your brother either." She grabbed the glass out of my hand.

"Please don't."

"Don't What?"

"Act all high and mighty."

"I'm not." She jerked her head back.

"Yes you are. You don't even have a relationship with your own family, how can you tell me how to mend my relationship with my brother?"

That comment right there earned me a slap of liquor to the face. And well that's exactly what I'd gotten.

"Fuck you." She spat as she walked out of my office.

"That's how you talk to your future wife, Fratello?" Christian sauntered in.

"None of your business." I huffed wiping the alcohol off with one of the many handkerchiefs I keep in my office drawer.

"Whatever. What do you want?" He asked as he flopped down in the chair across from my desk.

"What do I want?" I dry chuckled. "You showed up on my doorstep drunk as fuck. So, what do you want?"

"Life gets hard sometimes." He shrugged.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Life gets hard and I needed my brother but you won't have anything to do with me so I got drunk."

"You're the cause of that."

"I know that. But it's not like you ever wanted to know the true story. You assumed and ran with it. So, I kept up your assumption."

"The true story?"

"Yes. Claire and I were far from in love. I got drunk once and we fucked. She claimed that she was pregnant a few months later, so, I prepared myself to take on that responsibility. It was an accident. An accident that I regretted as soon as I sobered up."

"So, Claire was pregnant with my niece or nephew?" I nearly slid out of my seat.

"Possibly. There was no guarantee though. Claire had been with so my men after me I'm not really sure." He shrugged.

This changed things slightly. Slightly.

But I was so speechless. Hell I couldn't even process what he'd just told me.