Chapter 5 (Aaliyah's POV)

I had been living with Damien for 2 months and we didn't speak unless we had to.

As i walked back to my Aston Martin, my phone began to ring. I looked down at the phone a sighed seeing the caller ID.

"Yes, Niko." I answered

"When do I get to see my children. It's been two months."

"I'll make arrangements for you to see the next week."

"I want my kids, Aaliyah."

"Yeah, whatever. Look I'll contact you when I've made the arrangements for my kids."

"OUR kids!"

"Goodbye." I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone.  I got into the car and drove to Damien's office for our daily meetup. I parked beside his Rolls Royce and made my way inside the building.

"Good afternoon, Miss.Daniels." Layla greeted me as I walked through the lobby.

"Afternoon, Layla. How are you?"

"I'm great. Mr.Arden is in the conference room."

"Thank you." I walked up the stairs to the 12th floor.

I strutted into the conference room and every eye landed on me. I mean I was about 30 minutes late. I wore a pair of spandex pants with a racerback tank top and nike free runs. My hair was in a messy bun and my face was free of make up.

Every man in the room was staring at me including Damien and his father. I was shocked that Charles was here. I hadn't seen him since Damien and I were at his house almost 2 months ago.

I walked to my seat on the right hand side of Damien, who sat at the head of the table.

"I apologise for being late."

Damien clenched his jaw and continued discussing whatever. I wasn't listening, I never did pay attention in these meetings. But today I wasn't listening because I was trying my hardest to avoid Charles gaze. it was like he was trying to stare a hole in my face.

"Aaliyah, are you listening?" Damien asked

I looked up at him and shifted my jaw, it began to tick from annoyance. He had been pushing my buttons a little too much lately.

"No, Arden. I wasn't listening."

I saw Charles trying to fight his smirk out of the corner of my eyes.

"Everyone leave us please."  Damien stared at me. i would've been dead if looks could kill. Everyone left but Charles.

"What is your problem?!" Damien growled as soon as the last person walked out.

"I don't have one. You asked a question and I answered."

"You act like you are entitled to do as you please! I assure you, you are not entitled to anything!"

"Who asked who to be an Ally?" I spat.

"Who said yes? I didn't make you become my ally, you choose to be!"

I glared at him and he glared back at me. Charles watched the two of us just stare at one another for 5 minutes. Charles stood and grabbed his son by the back of his neck gently.

"Let me talk to you, my boy."

I watched as they left the room. This was the first time I was ever late to a meeting but it wasn't the first time that I hadn't paid attention. I was usually in my own little world during these meetings, I didn't need to be here, I wasn't actually selling any illegal substances. I was just the assassin.

Damien walked back in the room without Charles and sat down beside me then turned my chair towards him.  I couldn't lie there was most definitely a lot of sexual tension between us but neither of us acted on it. We just continued to lash out at each other.

"I apologise for lashing out at you." he stated softly.

"Is your apology genuine?"

"Yes. Aaliyah, things would go a little bit smoother if you stopped acting the way you act."

"You mean like a bitch?" I raised a brow.

"Yes."

"Wow! Way to be honest!"

"Look there is a business banquet tonight and I would like for you to accompany me. While we are there I would like you to leave your attitude at home."

"Who said I wanted to go?"

"You're going. It pertains to the Mafia anyways."

"Fine. I'll be on my best behavior, Dad." I stated sarcastically. I stood to make my way out of the room but Damien grabbed my wrist and swung me around and into his chest.

"That smart mouth of yours is going to get you fucked."

"I'll believe that when it happens." I smirked but that smirk faded as quickly as it came.

Damien grabbed my thighs and hoisted me up on his waist. He sat me on the conference table and pressed his hardened bulge against my core. I sucked in a breath and held it.

"You are testing my patience, Bella." He looked down at me with those dark eyes that were swirling with lust.

'Dear God, Please help me refrain from having sexual intercourse with this fine Jackass.' I prayed in my head.

He smirked realizing I was indeed speechless.

"Now, I know how to shut that smart ass mouth."