Chapter 4 (3rd person POV)

Charles Arden 😋

Charles Arden 😋

Damien didn't know he was about to get the surprise of his life. Damien never knew his father and Aaliyah had ever crossed paths before but he would know today.

He pulled into the 2 story home his father, Charles lived in with his wife, Katherine, and their 2 children, Celine and Giovanni.

Damien parked the car then got out and proceeded to help Aaliyah out. She nodded her head as a thank you and followed him into the house.

"Father, I'm here."he called out.

Charles rounded the corner and his eyes landed on his son then Aaliyah. A grin took over his face as he recognized her. He opened his arms for a hug.

"Ah Bella, it's been so long. How have you been?" He asked hugging Aaliyah. Damien looked between the two with a raised brow.

"I've been alright."

"How is Niko and the Kids?" Charles always thought that Aaliyah made a beautiful couple.

"My Children are fine. How is Katherine and your children, Celine and Gio?" Aaliyah said avoiding the topic of Niko hoping Charles wouldn't notice but he did.

"Katherine is great. She is in the Kitchen and the kids are up stairs if you would like to go greet them while my son and I talk business."

Aaliyah gave a stiff smile and walked away to the kitchen to greet Katherine.

"How do you know her?" Damien asked.

"We did a lot of business together." Charles shifted his feet. Truly they had done business together but they had also fallen in love.

"Oh well don't mention Niko anymore. They are divorced."

"That's why she avoided the question about him." Charles couldn't lie though Niko and Aaliyah did amazing business together, dirty or clean, he always knew Niko could never honor her the way he should.

"Yes, she is very sensitive on the subject of Niko."

"Why is she with you?"

"You know why."

"You want her as your ally."

"Yes. She's exactly the type of ally we need."

"Aaliyah is different, my boy. And I don't know if you're ready for a woman like her on your team."

"What did you call me here for?"

"Make an Ally of the Russians."

"Since when did we do business with the Russian Mafia?"

"Since now."

Charles examined his son and how he kept glancing at Aaliyah though the doorway. Charles knew that look, his son was smitten with her.