Chapter 27 (Damien's POV)

I was livid. She always did the opposite of what I asked her too and that's something I'll never understand.

*Flashback*

I rushed home as soon as I got the notification that my jet was in use.

"Where is she?" I asked Dia

"She said she needed Air, Damien, what's going on?"

"She left the fucking county!!! How'd you miss the luggage?!" I yelled.

"She didn't take anything out of this house but her purse."

Dia looked around confused.

"Not one bag?!"

"No! No! Just her purse!"

"She's in danger!" I ran my hands through my hair.

*Flashback over*

I was now on my way to New York via my other Jet, the Maria.

I would never be able to comprehend why Aaliyah constantly put herself in danger like she's invincible. Hell it was asinine to ask her to not put herself in danger because it was like talking to a brick wall. I just wanted her safe.

I had Elijah run all of her Bank cards to see where she was staying.

"The Hilton in Manhattan." He stated.

"Thanks."

"Yo, you good?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm straight." My leg bounced up and down. I was anxious and pissed.

"Ight, let me know when you land."

"Alright."

"Mr.Arden, we will be landing in New York in 5 minuets please buckle your seatbelt."

Finally, we were landing. I couldn't wait to find her before she did something stupid.

I knew she thought that the best way to handle the situation was to face it head on but it's not and I needed her to know that.

I got off the jet and got into the limo. I gave the driver the address and he took off down the busy streets.

I texted Elijah that I had landed and I was headed towards the hotel.

———————————————

When we finally pulled into the hotel parking lot, I watched Aaliyah walk into the building. I waited about 15 minutes before I walked in.

"Good Evening, my wife just came in a few minutes ago, can I get a key to the room? I would call her but my phone has died." I flashed the receptionist a smile.

"What's her name, handsome?" She smiled back, batting her eyelashes. I grimaced inwardly.

"Aaliyah Daniels."

"Room 675, floor 6." She handed me the keycard.

"Thanks."

"No problem, handsome. If you ever get tired of your wife, here's my number." She smiled handing me a piece of paper.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." I gave her a fake smile and slipped the paper with her number on it in the trashcan by the Elevator.

When I walked into her room she had her back turned to me.

"If you want to live then I suggest you walk back out of that door."

"Micio."

She whirled around with a surprised look on her face.