Chapter 11 (Aaliyah's POV)

"Who's ready for ice cream?!!!" I yelled.

"Me!!!" The Twins yelled simultaneously.

"Cool beans, lets ride munchkins."

I ushered them outside to my Aston and buckled them into their booster seats.

I looked up the best Creamery in New York, Dalia's Ice Cream shop.

I took about 15 minutes to get there from Damien's Mansion but I definitely enjoyed the ride. The twins and I sang to almost every song on the radio. It wasn't often I got this loose around my children. I was usually uptight, never really the "fun" mom but I would be today. I would try to be "Fun" mom more often.

We walked into the Creamery holding hands, one munchkin on each side.

"Welcome to Dalia's, what can I get for you?" The blonde hostess smiled.

"What's up, Munchkins? What you want?"

"I want cookies and cream, ma."

"I want Mint Chocolate chip."

"Can I get a small bowl of Mint chocolate chip and a small bowl of Cookies and Cream. Also can I get a medium bowl of just plain vanilla?"

"Yes, mam. Anything else?"

"Thats all. Thank you."

"Okay, your total is $17.50."

I pulled my black card from my wallet and handed it to her.

We waiting on the ice cream while sitting in a booth.

"So, did you guys like Katherine and Charles?"

"Yeah. They were cool. They let us watch what we wanted. And we had ice cream for dinner."

"Did you really?" I frowned with a raised brow.

"Aw man, I wasn't supposed to tell you that..." Kitai whined.

I smirked. "Well, I guess I'm going to have to have a chat with Charles and Katherine."

"Here's your ice cream." The lady walked over with three bowls.

I hadn't had ice cream in a long time. It was always a comfort food for me and I only ate it when I needed comforting. I'm pretty sure the last time I had ice cream was when I found out Niko was cheating on me.

The twins were immersed in their own conversation, I just sat back and listened for the most part. My kids were so smart, so sweet, so innocent.

I know I'm not the best mother but I do my best. I was raised in a household with both parents but my mother was emotionally detached. My father in the other hand showed his emotions freely. Any comforting I needed when I was younger, I got from my father. My mom rarely told me she loved me and she rarely hugged me. But I don't fault her because I know her child hood was far worse than mine. I guess I picked up a few traits from her, like emotional detachments. And though I wasn't emotionally detached from my children, I wasn't exactly very emotionally attached around them either. It's like I dissociate myself from them sometimes and I don't mean to. I want to do better, be better.

"Hey, mom, what are we doing after this?" Isabella asked.

I looked at her and shrugged. "What do you guys want to do?"

"Let's go to the aquarium!"

"Yeah!"

"Aquarium it is!!!" I yelled with my arms up in the air.

"Yaaaayyyy!" The twins yelled.

Of Course we attracted a few glares for our obnoxiousness. But I didn't give a fuck. At least not today. I'm letting loose.