Chapter 44 (Damien's POV)

Every hour, Every minute, every second that Aaliyah was unconscious made my torture of Danielle and my father that much more thought out.

I was in the hospital with her every minute waiting for those big tigress orbs to stare at me.

Seventeen whole fucking days without my woman, my Micio. And I was spiraling. The only thing I was able to pulled myself together for is our twins but as soon as they were taken back to the NICU I went back to my dark thoughts.

Christian hasn't had any luck finding my father or Danielle. That pissed me off more and if I wasn't afraid of Aaliyah opening her eyes in my absence then I would go find them myself. But every day that they weren't found somebody lost a finger, a toe, a limb, you get the picture. I had killed 4 of my employees in the past 17 days, minimal to how many should have been dead.

I watched as Aaliyah's chest rose and fell with each breath. Her friends came as soon as they heard the news. They kept a close eye on her when I wasn't here Just in case my father thought he would steal her from under my nose.

"Damien, you should go home and rest."  Céline walked into the room.

"Thanks but I'm good right here. If I leave there's no telling what I'll get myself into."

"The twins are worried about you. I'll watch her."

"I guess I should go check on them."

"Yes. I'm sure Aaliyah would greatly appreciate it." She gave me a gentle smile.

"Okay. But if she wakes up, you call me immediately."

"Of Course."

When I arrived at the safe house, I noticed a vehicle I wasn't familiar with. I was not in the mood for uninvited guests. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. 

I got out of my car and went in through the back. I was only coming to see Isabella and Kitai. After I spent a little time with them I was going back to the hospital with Aaliyah.

"Mr.A!!!" Kitai and Isa greeted him, hugging his legs.

"Hi, my beautiful children. How are you?" I kissed their foreheads.

"Good. But we miss mommy." Kitai pouted.

"She'll be home soon. I promise, kiddo."

"How soon? Like tonight?" Isa pipped.

"Maybe. The doctors just gotta keep her and the babies until their ready to come home. Okay?"

"Okay. Are you leaving now?"

"No. Let's watch a movie together."

"Yes! Mr.A, will you spend the night?" Isa asked.

I couldn't say no to those big doe eyes. "Sure, Isa."

A smile spread across her face so wide I thought her cheeks would break. 

By the time the movie was over Kitai and Isa were both fast asleep. I carried them both to bed then snuck downstairs.

"Thought you were slick didn't you?" Dia asked

"Sorry, Dia. I'm just not coping well without her."

"I understand. Just know we love you and we're here for you."

"Yes mam."

The next morning I was back at the hospital, sitting next to my fiancé. I enjoyed being home with the kids but it felt strange without Aaliyah there by my side. 

The more I thought about it the more depressed I became. I mean the doctors said they'd seen no response from her at all, simply stagnant. If I lost her I would never be able to pull myself together.

I don't think I've ever loved this hard.

I watched Aaliyah's chest rise and fall softly as I listened to the beeping of the heart monitor.

"Micio, I need you to come back to me. We need you to come back to us. Our babies need you." I whispered as I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

The heart monitor began to beep faster notifying me that she heard me loud and clear. So clear that one of her fingers twitched.

That was all the hope I needed. She's pull though. I know it. She's too strong and too bull headed to go out like this.

—————————————————

"Fratello, if you do not find papa by tonight I'm going out to find him myself and you know how I get when I have to do things myself." I raised my brow at my brother.

"Damien, look I can vouche your brother and myself have been working hard to locate them but I literally can't find anything to trace them from. No credit card use, no video surveillance of them in any hotels, restaurants, shopping establishments; your father and Danielle planned this out to a T."

"I don't care, Jason. I want them bond and gagged by tonight."

"I'll find them."

My head snapped over to Aaliyah's bed and her eyes were wide open. Her tigress orbs were ablaze and she was pissed.

"Micio, how are you feeling?" I sat in the edge of her bed and she turned her head slightly towards me.

"I feel like something has been taken from me. And I want to kill them for it."

"Well, you woke up feisty." I chuckled.

"Aaliyah, I think it's best you stay with the new borns. They're going to be here in the hospital for a while." Jason recommended.

"My babies are alive?"

"Yes. Twins. A boy and a girl."

A ghost smile graced her lips. "Names..."

"Arabella Sage and Ezra Luciano."

"Beautiful..." she whispered.

"Just like you, Bella." I kissed her forehead.

"I'll leave you two." Jason turned on his heels.

"You don't know how much I've missed you." I kissed her forehead again.

"You should know by now, you're not getting rid of me that easily lover..." she smiled.

I chuckled. "I'm glad."

A/N: this was a really shitty chapter. Y'all let just say I'm not coping well during this pregnancy... let's just say I'm Going through this pregnancy mentally and emotionally on my own. I thought my boyfriend would step up but he stepped down completely, so, forgive me for being such an absent writer it's just this isn't the best time of my life right now. Anyways, I hope all is well with you all. ❤️