Chapter 28 (Omniscient POV)

Damien didn't remember much of what happened. The only thing that kept replaying in his mind was Niko shooting Aaliyah. 

Damien's eyes opened and he glanced around the room. The first thing he noticed was Aaliyah laying beside him. Then when he turned his head to the left Celine was asleep in the lazy boy.

"Where the hell are we?" Damien asked.

"My safe house." Celine responded.

"Shit, I thought you were asleep." His hand flew to the left side of his chest over his heart which was beating out of his chest.

"Nope, just resting my eyes."

"Is Aaliyah alright?"

"She's fine, so is the baby."

"Thank the heavens. Why am I hooked up to these machines?"

"You don't remember? Niko stabbed you. You and Aaliyah actually have identical scars aside from her gun shot wound."

*Flashback*

"You think I wouldn't find out about her pregnancy? As long as I'm alive Aaliyah will never be happy." Niko cackled

Damien lifted his foot and kicked Niko in the center of his chest, knocking the wind out of him.

Niko Laid flat on his back clutching his chest trying to catch his breath.

Damien bent down and began to deliver blows to Nikos face. One after another. Until Nikos face was almost unrecognizable.

Damien finally stopped his assault and stood running his fingers through his hair.

As Damien turned to grab the pistol off the floor, Niko took the dagger out of his pocket and lurched up, the knife caught Damien's side.

If  Niko was expecting a reaction, he didn't gain one. Damien grunted as he turned his body to face a trembling Niko.

"What the fuck are you man?" Nikos voice broke, realizing he'd unleashed a beast, as he tried to back away from the man.

"An angry fiancé."

Niko turned and tried to crawl away from the buff Italian.

Damien chuckled as he took in the look of pure fear on Nikos face, it gave him an immense amount of pleasure. Damien cocked the pistol and let off three rounds into Nikos back. Not one ounce of hesitance, not one ounce of remorse.

Niko collapsed, his body going still.

Damien then proceeded to go pick Aaliyah up off of the ground. He didn't look back to make sure Niko was dead because at the moment he didn't care, he just wanted her to be okay.

She was fading quickly. Too quickly.

"Come. I know a place." Celine limped over towards him. 

Damien followed in behind Celine. He was praying his fiancé and baby would be okay.

Aaliyah was his world and if he lost her, he would never be able to pull himself from the dark abyss of depression.

*Flashback over*

"Where is Niko?"

"A local underground hospital. He's paralyzed from the waist down. You shattered his spine, he'll never be able to walk again."