Chapter 2 (Aaliyah's POV)

The past two weeks I have been on and off the phone nonstop. I let the children stay with Miss.Natalie the past two weeks so Niko could spend time with them because I wasn't sure when he'd see them again. I told Miss.Natalie I was leaving because I need a fresh start somewhere away from Niko and Tasha. Every time I saw her or another woman he'd slept with while we were married it made the pain in my chest come back.

I sent my letter of resignation to the Miami heat over a week ago and Coach Adams wasn't happy but he wished me the best. I had packed everything the children and I needed. Now all I needed was my gun stash, which was back at the house I used to share with Niko. Damien would be here in an hour and from what I've learned about him over the past few days is that he was very punctual.

My cars were already on a truck to Manhattan and so was the furniture from the house. The only thing left that needed to be picked up was the clothes, me and the children.

I grabbed my bag and the keys to my 4Runner. I locked up the house and got in the car making my way back to the place I used to call home. I had a strange feeling that something would happen to make me upset but I needed my gun stash if I was going to be an Ally to Damien.

I pulled into the yard of my old home and knocked on the door.

"Liyah, what are you doing here?" Niko answered the door. Niko was shirtless and his pajama pants hung low on his waist. I looked at him with squinted eyes as I watched his swim with guilt. I could tell he was antsy from doing something he had no business or something I didn't approve of or something that would hurt my feelings.

"I need to get some thing's out of the basement." I pushed my way through the door and froze immediately. Tasha was sitting on the couch in her Pajamas eating an omelette as if she lived there. I noticed some of the furniture was different, some pieces I knew for a fact came from Tasha's home because I remembered them from the few times I had been to Tasha's to pick up Trevor for Niko.

"You moved her in here." It was meant to be a question but it came out as a statement. Did Niko have no remorse, no shame, no guilt? The pain came back in my chest and I took a deep breath. I came here for my guns not to see this.

"Liyah, I know this is hard for you but I've fallen in love with Tasha." Niko looked over at Tasha lovingly and I bit the inside of my lip suppressing the sob that wanted to escape me.

"That's nice." I cleared my throat and made my way into the basement. I grabbed the 2 short suitcases, the 1 long suitcase, and a duffle bag. I made my way back up the steps and towards the door.

"I'm moving to Manhattan." I dropped the bomb on Niko and his mouth dropped.

"But what about my children?" He asked dumbfounded.

"I'll figure out some arrangement after I get them settled. You can skype them until then."

"Aaliyah, you can't just take the kids they're mine too!"

"They weren't your children the nights you skipped out on their little league games and gymnastics performances to go fuck Tasha!" I shot back.

"I'll take you to court for them." He growled

"And you'd be wasting your money! My parents still have evidence on you to build a case and I will use it to keep my children." I growled back. His mouth snapped shut.

I walked out and put the cases and duffle into the trunk of the SUV and made my way to Miss.Natalie's to pick up my munchkins.

After I picked up my kids from Miss.Natalie, I made my way back to the Mansion I lived in, Damien was already parked in the yard.