Chapter 53: Epilogue:

15 Years Later
Omniscient POV:

Aaliyah laid there in a pool of her and Damien's blood. She always knew it would more than likely end this way for her and her husband if they didn't end up in prison for the rest of their lives, but she was strangely content. Damien reached out and grabbed her hand with the little bit of strength he had left to give his wife some reassurance. Sadly, she knew they were more than likely going to die. She could hear the traitors celebrating until she her multiple gunshots sound off.
"Mom! Dad! Hang on!"

All Aaliyah could think of in that moment was 'Not my babies.'

Aaliyah didn't train them in self-defense for them to be like her. She could hear Alek yelling in Russian and Jason yelling in Italian.

"Bella, Boss, lets get y'all out of here and to the underground hospital." Was all Aaliyah heard before she lost consciousness.

—————————————————————————————————-

"Kitai, how is mom and dad?" Isabella asked.

"They're on life support. No response."

"What are we going to do if they don't make it?" Melanie asked.

Melanie was the youngest out of the Arden Clan and she was smart as a whip.

"Mel, mom and dad are strong. They'll make it." Ezra, the second eldest son stated.

Over the years Aaliyah and Damien managed to have 8 children including Isabella and Kitai. Rumor was that Aaliyah was pregnant with their ninth but no one knew how true that was other than Aaliyah and Damien.

Isabella and Kitai were 23 and were only back in Italy because their parents had a graduation surprise for them, but yesterday when they'd gotten the phone call that something had gone wrong at the docks they knew that they would probably be in Italy for a while. They rushed to the docks when Jason got the phone call from Alek that he had heard gunshots at the dock and their parents weren't coming out. It was one of the most devastating sights to see to Alek, so, Alek could only imagine how the twins felt seeing their parents laying in their own blood with multiple gunshot wounds.

Everyone of the Arden kids were equip in self defense even little Melanie. When the children became a certain age, Damien and Aaliyah taught them about mafia business. Aaliyah was very reluctant at first but eventually she and Damien came to an agreement that it was in their kids best interest to know what they were involved in just in case they were ever in danger. The Magic number was 15, so, Arabella and Ezra had just begun to learn certain things. Gabriel and Gabriella were only 10, so, they hadn't learned anything yet except how to fight. Then there were the two youngest; Andres who was 8 and Melanie who was 5. Both Andres and Melanie could fight as well.

Jason strolled into the room with a somber look on his face and Isabella's heart dropped. Christian, Alek, and Giovanni all filed into the room after him with sorrow filled looks on their faces as well.

"Uncle Jason, what's going on?" Isabella asked.

"Your mother's heart is failing. I don't know if I can stop it or slow it down. I don't know if she's going to make it this time."

"What about dad?"

"No Progress in him at all but no declines either. But let's be realistic if he pulls through and Aaliyah does not I don't think Damien will ever be the same."