Chapter 19 (Damien's POV)

That same night we decided we would go clubbing. Mo'Nique's mother was watching the children while we all went to club Vortex.

"Are you sure we're going to be able to get in?" I asked

Aaliyah and Mo'Nique looked at each other then back at me and busted out laughing.

"What is so funny?" Rashad asked confused. Obviously he was lost as to where we were going as well.

"This is Harlem's club. So, of course we will be able to get in." Aaliyah giggles.

"You really think we'd go to a club we'd never been to?" Mo asked.

"Shit, I don't know."

"Rashad, How'd you not know about Harlem's club?"

"I mean after you gave up Trapping, he stopped coming around."

"Sounds like Harlem."  Aaliyah mumbled.

"So, you haven't heard from him either?"

"No. I haven't talked to Harlem in about 3 years. And when we did talk it's about business."

"I wonder why?"

"I don't know but I know we're all grown and we all have other things to do, so, I know none of us can stay in touch as much as we want to. So, I can't be mad at him." Aaliyah shrugged.

When we got there it was packed. The line was literally a mile long. We walked past the whole line, straight up to the bouncer. 

"Hold it right there. You have to wait in line."

"No, we don't. We're on the V.I.P. List."

"Names?"

"Mo'Nique and Aaliyah."

"Oh okay." He opened the rope lettting us through.

When we walked in the music was loud and bodies were gyrating everywhere.

One guy walked over to Aaliyah grabbing her waist. She pushed him away. He tried again and that's when I stepped in.

"Don't touch her." I shoved.

"Damn, man, the bitch ain't all that."

"If that we're the case the you wouldn't have approached her. Let's go, Micio." I placed my hand on her lower back guiding her through the crowd. 

My pussycat looked ravishing. She wore a light pink dress with a matching cardigan. Her hair was straightened and flowing down her back. I'd been wanting to snatch that dress off since she walked out of the house in it.

We sat at the bar and ordered a few drinks

"Can we get four shots of Hennessy, two glasses of Red Moscato, and two glasses of Bourbon?"