Chapter 15 (Damien POV)

"I told you to stay away from him!" I yelled as I ran my hands through my hair.

"I had to. I needed an explanation to the bullshit."

"No! No! I don't wanna hear that bullshit! Why are you so fucking hard headed?"

"I'm a grown woman, Damien. I can handle myself."

"I don't give a fuck! When we claimed one another I became your protector. I can't protect you if you do everything that I tell you not to."

"Niko wouldn't hurt me, physically."

"If you believe that then you aren't as smart as I thought you were." I walked out of my office, slamming the door behind me.

I walked into Elijah's office and flopped down on the couch. I ran my hands over my face and sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked looking up from his desktop.

"Stubborn woman." I grumbled.

"Ah Aaliyah..." He chuckled.

"Do me a favor. Do a detailed background check on Niko Hampton."

"Aaliyah's Ex-Husband?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you later, just do it, and send the documents to my office."

"Alright."

When I walked back into my office, Aaliyah and Alek were sitting across from one another and discussing something.

"Hello, Damien. Aaliyah was just giving me a few ideas on how to help the branch in Italy."

"Really?" I raised my brow.

"I proposed that Elijah go run the branch in Italy under your supervision."

"Hmmm sounds like a good idea; only the italian mob isn't going to go for an African American man giving them orders." I didn't mean that in the negative way it sounded either. Not that I didn't think Elijah wouldn't do a good job because I knew Elijah could. He knew the business just as well as I did but let's be realistic as much as we Italians love our African American women we don't feel the same about African American men or other Italians don't. Me personally I loved African Americans everything about them made me speechless in a good way.

"Maybe, Maybe not. We'll never know unless we try." Alek shrugged.

"Let's just try." Aaliyah stated.

"If it doesn't work then we will figure something else out."

"Problem Solved." Aaliyah smiled.

I grinded my teeth together. I didn't like him around her at all.

"Alek, will you leave please? I need to talk to Miss.Daniels alone."

"You are trying everything in your power to piss me off." I growled as soon as Alek closed the office door.

I pressed her up against the wall.

"How?! I was discussing business with him. Something you should've been doing." She sassed

"Do you think you could run my business better than me?" I asked with a raised brow.

"That's not what I meant, Arden. But since you asked.... I don't think I could necessarily run it better, but I could definitely implement changes that would be beneficial."

"Really? Well, how about this, I'll send you to Italy with Elijah and you two can test out this theory. You two run the business for a month or two out there and if I see numbers rise then I'll make you a partner and I'll let Elijah run the branch in Italy."

"No. I don't wanna up root my children."

"I can take care of them. My Father and Katherine would love to help and I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind seeing them considering you haven't visited your parents since before you and Niko were married."

"I'm not leaving my children. So, Forget it!"  She pushed me away.

"Fine. Then don't involve yourself in mafia business. Especially with Alek. I don't trust him. Next time, run your idea by me first too. Furthermore, I had already suggested Elijah run the business in Italy and he said no. You are just my assassin and I don't want you involved in the drug portion of my business. I want to keep you safe and because I know you don't want any direct ties to dirty money."

"Whatever, Damien. I'm going home. come talk to me when you get the stick outta your ass." She snatched her purse and walked out of the office slamming my door.