Chapter 52: Omniscient POV

Aaliyah was dressed in a beautiful white spaghetti strapped mermaid dress that complimented her chocolate skin perfectly. She wore a pair of Tegan Embellished Stiletto pumps with it, her hair straight and flowing down her back stopping at her waist. Her face bare aside from the mascara and lip gloss.

On the limo ride over she wasn't sure what was happening but when she walked into the dressing room and laid eyes on the dress she knew Damien intended to marry her today.

She was surprised that Damien chose the perfect dress for her. She'd wondered how long he had planned to marry her on a whim.

Her mind was racing a million miles per minute trying to figure out what her vows were going to be but she finally came to terms with just speaking from her heart.

"Alright, Miss.Daniels. It's time."

Aaliyah finished calming her nerves and followed behind the older lady.

'I wouldn't be so nervous if there were people here I cared about.' She thought to herself but she knew that was a lie.

When she walked out of the dressing room she was met with her father.

"Dad......." Her mouth dropped.

"Hey, peanut. You didn't think I'd miss the big day did you?" He grinned.

She honestly didn't think he would come whenever she decided to get married again. She smiled wide as a tear ran down her cheek. This was the parental support she'd always dreamed of. Ever since the misshap with her mother a few months ago, she and her father had grown very close. They talked almost every other day and he'd been telling her how her mother had been going to therapy. Damien and her father had grown quite close as well.

"I'm happy you're here, dad." She hugged him trying to keep from full blown bawling.

"I'm happy to be here. Now lets get you walked down that aisle to Damien."

The doors opened and Damien's eyes immediately honed in on Aaliyah as well as all the other guests. Everyone that she cared about was in attendance; Mo'nique, Giovanni, Christian, Celine, Jason, Marcella, Lila, her children, and her mother. The fact that her mother came had shocked her because despite her mother going to counseling she hadn't talked to her. Her mom gave her a soft smile and Aaliyah returned the same soft smile. Aaliyah felt her father squeeze her hand.

"We love you." He whispered.

Heaven by Jamie Foxx began to play. Aaliyah and her father began to walk down the Aisle. Damien's eyes began to water as he watched the woman of his dreams walk down the aisle towards him. Damien never thought that he'd settle down but Aaliyah was too perfect for him to pass up.

"Who giveth this woman to this man?"

"I do." Aaron stated. He turned to her and kissed her forehead. Damien held out his hand and Aaron placed Aaliyah's hand into Damiens. She stepped into place right by his side where she belonged.

"You look gorgeous, Micio."

"All thanks to you." She smiled at him as she slowly reached up and wiped one of his tears.

"We are gathered here today to join this man and woman in holy matrimony. If anyone has any reasons these two should not be wed speak now or forever hold your peace."

Damien turned to the crowd and flashed the desert eagle in the holster on his waist. Aaliyah chuckled and swatted his hand away making his tux jacket drop back over the gun.

"Now that we've gotten that out of the way. Mr.Arden asked that I keep it short and sweet therefore I will. I've married a lot of couples in my time. Many who got the marriage annulled, many who got divorced, and several who remained married. But I've never believed in a couple more than I believe in this one. When Mr.Adren came to me yesterday I was a little weary because most gunshot weddings turn out to be a mess. When I asked why he was so in a rush to marry her he simply said 'we've been through a hell of a lot these past few months and I know it weighs on her shoulders. The pressure of planning a wedding does as well and I want to take that pressure off of her. Plus I told her as soon as she got out of the hospital a few weeks ago that we were getting married as soon as possible and this is me keeping my word.' I've never known a man who wanted to marry his woman on a whim and have the man power to get the wedding together quick, fast, and in a hurry. The fact that you went through so much to give this woman the wedding that she wanted without stressing her shows me that you'd go to hell and back for her and that's a couple I want to wed. Now lets begin with your vows. Damien."

"Where do I begin..." Damien trailed off.

"At the beginning...Duh." Gio smacked his lips.

"Shut up, fool." Damien rolled his eyes. Aaliyah giggled at the two.

"Many people don't know how we met and I'm not going to delve deep into that just know that when I first saw her I knew I had to know her. I remember the first time I saw her actually. I was at one of Elijah's games and she was pacing the sidelines watching Elijah's form. Her hair was slicked back in this french braid, she had on a white button up shirt, a pair of ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of black red bottoms. Elijah told me that she was mean and that simply intrigued me more. When I finally asked her to go into business with me about a year after I had first seen her and never spoken to her, she hated me. She gave me pure hell. But the more time we spent together and we built a friendship the more she opened up to me and I think she eventually realized I wasn't here to hurt her or abandon her. When she finally said the words I love you I think my heart stopped. I couldn't believe someone like her, superwoman would be in love and love me. But that's usually how it goes right the women with the purest hearts typically fall in love with the man who has already damned his soul. Regardless, I love you with every fiber in me and I would move multiple universes over multiple life times for you."

"Miss.Daniels...."

"I feel like it's going to be hard to top that. Arden, we met at a time when I didn't think I wanted to love anyone again. I had completely shut down on the inside. You made it a point to no only piss me off at first but to make me comfortable. Granted I was a complete and total bitch to you at first but you still made it your mission to be my friend and let me know that you weren't going anywhere. You've made me a very happy woman . Thank you for being the loving and caring man that you are. Thank you for being my family, taking my children in as your own, giving me more children, honoring me, and cherishing me. I said all of that to say this, I will always be by your side; to honor, cherish, and take care of you no matter how mad you make me sometimes. I'll be your wife, your confidant, your business partner, the mother of your children, your Donna, your bodyguard, your therapist, and whatever else you need me to be and I'll be those without complaint. I love you, Damien."

After the couples Vows there wasn't a dry eye in the house including the priest.

"It's amazing how two people can be so in love. The rings, please."

Christian and Giovanni handed him the rings. He prayed over them then handed them to their respective partys.

"Do you Damien Arden take the Aaliyah Daniels to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health til death do you part?"

"I do." Damien slipped the wedding band on Aaliyah's finger.

"Do you Aaliyah Daniels take the Damien Arden to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health til death do you part?"

"I do." Aaliyah slipped the sterling silver band on Damien finger.

"By the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mr.Arden you may now kiss your bride."

Aaliyah faced Damien and he slipped his arms around her waist. "Finally. All Mine. Mrs.Arden." Damien leaned in and kissed her deeply.