Chapter 17 (Damien's POV)

And she'd said it. The words I'd been waiting to hear. She loves me.....

She picked a lovely time to say those three beautiful words.

"Someone clean this up." I sighed. I walked back to my office and dialed Alex's number.

"Mr.Arden, what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?"

"Did you know Javier was plotting against Miss.Daniels?"

"What?! No!"

"Did you know?!" I growled.

"No! How could I? It's not like he ever spoke ill about her because he didn't. He actually spoke highly of her. That's how I found out about her lethal skills."

"Really...."

"Yes, but I will deal with him accordingly..."

"Too late. Aaliyah killed him about 5 minuets ago..."

"You're kidding me, right?"

"No. I'm not. I don't kid, Aleksander."

"Well, I guess I can let this slide. But Miss.Daniels will pay up and not with money."

"If not with money then what?"

"I need her assassination skills and I want you both to move to Italy."

"Choose one. You can't have both so choose wisely." I hung up not waiting for a response.

I don't know what it is about Alek but he rubs me the wrong way.

I stood making my way out of my office when I ran into Holly.

"Excuse me." I stayed about to walk off.

"Wait, Mr.Arden. I wanted to talk to you."

"About what?" I turned to face her.

"About Miss.Daniels. Umm, I think her presence here is making everyone antsy and uneasy... She's also dangerous. I thinking maybe you should let her go..."

"Dangerous...." I chuckled. "Aaliyah is more than dangerous. But she's calculated and only attacks when necessary. Meaning if you don't bother her and aren't a threat to her then she won't bother you."

"So, you're going to keep her despite your workers best interest."

"Holly, is this really about the best interest of others or the simple fact that you don't like Aaliyah?" I asked with a raised brow. Holly wasn't very discreet in her dislike for Aaliyah, in fact most female workers weren't. Aaliyah was intolerant, quiet, and nonchalant. Not only that but she had something they didn't; me. And although they didn't know whether or not she and I were together for sure, I knew they suspected.

"I I I... I don't dislike her. Why would you say that?"

"You think I don't see the way you and the other girls glare at her? It's juvenile really. And you know like I know that I wouldn't allow Aaliyah to kill any of you with no reason."

She frowned up. "Of course you'd say that considering you're sleeping with her."

"Holly, you're on thin ice. Keep your opinions to yourself if you want to keep your job." I straightened my suit and walked off.

—————————————————-
When I got home Aaliyah wasn't there and neither were the twins. Her Aston was gone which was surprising because she rarely drove it.

I dialed her number and received her voicemail.

I sighed and called Elijah.

"What's up, man?"