Chapter 47: Damien's POV

I'd been staring at my father for the past hour. Christian and I finally found him last night after I took Aaliyah back to the hospital to be discharged. Luckily our babies were doing good enough to be released with her even though they were extremely premature.

I hadn't laid a finger on him yet. One because he was still sedated and I wanted him to feel every ounce of pain. Two because I knew if I killed him and Aaliyah didn't get to partake that she would be royally pissed. 

I continued twirling the knife around my fingers and contemplating on just leaving him tied up down here to rot. Christian had been staring at me for the past 30 minutes. Probably because I hadn't acknowledged his presence yet. Christian thought I had lost my mind and he didn't necessarily think that it was right. Me killing my father that is. But he knew that as long as my father lived he would never leave Aaliyah and I alone.

Truth is I hadn't lost my mind. Not in the slightest. Although, I wish I had because it would make killing my father a whole lot easier. But I mean if we're being realistic my father was never a true father to myself or Christian and he definitely wasn't a good father to my younger brother and sister. He rarely acknowledged them.

I sighed placing the blade in my shoe and stood up.

"Watch him. I'm going to see my fiance and children. When he wakes up call me."

"Alright."

When I walked into the safe house it was strangely quiet, I mean it was only 4 p.m. and the kids weren't making a peep. I made my way up to Aaliyah and I's bedroom only to find her, Mo'Nique, both sets of twins, and Mo'Nique's children cuddled up on our bed asleep.... So much for the expectation of cuddling with my fiance.

I quietly grabbed a pair of sweats and t-shirt then headed to the guest bathroom to shower so that I wouldn't wake anyone up.

After my shower I went down to the kitchen to find Dia Marcella and Giovanni sitting at the table.

"Just us huh?" I asked.

"Yeah. Aaliyah has been sleeping all day, she only wakes up to feed the babies. Then she goes back to sleep. The Twins just want to spend time with their mother so they've been up there since they found out she was home." Dia told me.

"Good. I'm glad she's spending some type of quality time with them. Even if it is only napping. Where is her friend, Celine? "

"Celine and Katherine went out."

"Katherine is here?"

"Yeah she's been here for about 3 days."

"Why?"

"She actually came looking for you. She wanted to tell you that she had seen Charles but you never came around and well she didn't just wanna show up at the hospital."

"Nobody care to text me this."

"Well she didn't tell me until yesterday after you left to go find him and well I don't think she was going to say anything."  Giovanni piped in.

"Do you think she's working with him?"

"No but I do think she's at war with herself about him. I don't think she knows what to do in regards to him."

"Well too late now because I did find him and I have him locked away. He'll be dead with in the next couple of hours probably."

Dia shook her head sadly. "I wish Charles would've just chosen a different path."

"So, do I." I sighed.

We sat in silence for a while until we heard the sound of bare feet padding against the hard wood floor. 4 Curly heads of hair walked in rubbing their tired little eyes.