Chapter 38 (Aaliyah's POV)

Authors Note: So, I've been working on this next chapter since I last updated. When I tell yall I've written and re-written but I just could not get it together. Let's just say that my mind is riddled with ideas for a new book and I don't wanna start a new book without finishing this one first. I mean it took me like 2 to 3 years to finish My Caramel Beauty and that book still needs some serious editing and I just want every chapter and book that I write to be better than the last because the end goal is to have at least one of my books made into a movie. Preferably this one because this one is my favorite. Anyways, this is kind of a bullshit chapter until I get my shit together and start writing the material I really truly want to publish. Moving on!!!!

Chapter 38: Aaliyah's POV 

Damien had been intensely quiet since the party and well it made me uneasy. I watched as he slowly went through the files on his desk for the client we were meeting tomorrow morning. He kept glancing at me out of the corner of his eyes. I truly believe what happened with his mother tonight bothered him.  

"Micio, you keep staring. Is there something on your mind?" He sighed as he sat back in his chair giving me his undivided attention. 

"Is there something on yours?" I asked. 

"Yes but I asked you first." 

"Well, you've been quiet since we got home and well, I want to know what's on your mind. I know things went completely left with your mother and I'm positive you aren't okay with you mother hating the woman you love." 

"What exactly happened between you and my father? I mean i've heard his version but I havent heard yours." 

"Charles and I never had a "romantic" relationship. I mean we flirted, we spent a lot of time together because of business. Your father and I fell in love at a time when I was broken and he was broken. But nothing ever transpired other than him giving me head that one time. Which was after the divorce of your parents. I think Charles liked that I listened, that I was mature, and I was naive. I think I fell in love with him because he was there; he was my shoulder to cry on, he made me laugh, he helped me grow my business by becoming an ally, he made me secure inn myself again. Regardless, I never considered anything other than a friendship with charles until he told me the divorce was finalized. Sex would've only complicated things so that was never an option either plus I was on a strike of abstinence at that point in time. I would never sleep with a married man unless I was unaware that he was married. I'm not that kind of woman, I never have been. I know that pain, that feeling of insecurity, when you ask yourself why you weren't good enough, what did you do so wrong that they'd hurt you that way, betray you in that way. Then you lose yourself and you become this shell of the person you used to be. and what makes the pain worse is you don't know how to get back to you."  

I wasn't really sure if damien believed me or not but I had no reason to lie. 

'I believe you , Micio. i just wanted to hear your side because you never talk about it." 

"I don't have a reason to talk about a nox existent romantic relationship that I never had with your father.  And I wouldn't lie. Your mother needs to get a grip and come to terms with the fact that I didn't destroy her marriage. Charles is just trash who wants whomever, whenever, however. I don't hate your mother and I don't blame her. But i'm not the one she should be hating." I sighed as I stood and made my way out of his office. 

I walked upstairs to the twins room and peeked in on them. They were fast asleep. It was amazing how much they looked like myself and their father. It was rare children came out looking like both parents in my opinion but my munsters looked exactly like whomever they were standing next to at the moment. I hoped the baby growing inside me would look like damien though. Damien is beautiful, his features perfect.