Chapter 23 (Aaliyah's POV)

I forgot how exhausting carrying another being inside you can be.

"Micio, what are you doing?" Damien walked up behind me.

"Fixing a sandwich. I'm hungry." I shrugged.

"I could've gotten it for you."

"But you were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you."

"And? You aren't supposed to over exert yourself."

"Lover, I'm only two months and when the doctor said take it easy, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean bedrest the entire pregnancy. And I can make my own sandwich!"

"Clearly not. What the hell is that, Micio?" He frowned.

"It's a pickle almond butter sandwich." I shrugged taking a bite as I turned facing him.

"Pickles and almond butter? I don't think those go together, baby."

"Says you." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." He smacked my ass.

"Ow! You dick!"

"Your ass is getting fatter and your hips are starting to spread." He licked his lips as his eyes darkened with lust.

"Pregnancy side effects." I winked.

"Why are you so okay with this?" He asked.

"Being pregnant?"

"Yes."

"I don't know. But being upset about it wouldn't change it. I guess I'm okay with it because you're the father of my child and I love you. I've been bitter and angry pretty much all of my life. I don't want to be Bitter Angry Aaliyah anymore. She old news. I want to be happy, carefree, and a mom that my kids can brag about. I want to take everyday one step at a time. I'm happier that way. I'm happier with you."

"I love you, Micio." He kissed my forehead.

"I love you too." I smiled

"Now come back to bed." He grabbed my free hand leading me back up the stairs.

"But I wanna finish my sandwich!!" I whined.

"Finish it in bed."

Being house bound was strange, I've always had a full day ahead of me, but now I've resulted in a simple stay at home mom. In which, I'm not sure if I'll like it. Don't get me wrong I love my children and I love spending time with them, I'm just not used to being a stay at home mom. And I know for a fact now that I'm pregnant that I can eighty six doing anything for my entire pregnancy.

"Mom!!!!!" Isa yelled.

"Yes, Isa."

"Kitai won't share the game!" She whined.

"Ty!"

"Yes mam." He ran into the kitchen.

"Why won't you share?"

"Cause she doesn't know how to play."

"Well she can't learn to play if you never share. So, give her the controller."

"Maaaaannnnnn.." he dragged.

"Man, my ass, give her the controller, Kitai. Or else there won't be a game to play period."

"Yes mam." He passed the controller to Isabella and she smiled running off to the game room.

I finished making lunch and went up to the game room to watch the twins play the game.