Chapter 35 (Omniscient POV)

MOON FEST

Aaliyah decided it was best for them to dress alike. She wore a red silk button up tucked into red silk pants, her hair down and completely unruly. The only accessories she wore was her engagement ring.  Damien on the other hand wore a black silk button up shirt with white silk slacks. He and aaliyah argued about his silk pants for almost an hour before she finally just rolled her eyes and walked away from him.

Let's just say the silk pants were like the grey sweats men wear. They're only for the house!!!!!

Isabella matched Aaliyah and Kitai matched Damien.

Giovanni on the other hand didn't match them and he definitely didn't attempt to look casual. He looked like a guard. He dressed in a crisp black Armani suit minus the jacket with his gun in the holster on his waist.

Marcella was the most normally dressed one out of them all. She wore a simple sundress that fell to her ankles with comfy flats. As soon as they'd reached festival grounds she'd ran off to enter Aaliyah into the Karaoke contest.

She'd caught Aaliyah singing that morning and demanded that she sing.

"Mommy, lets go to the shooting booth. I want a teddy bear." Isabella tugged on Aaliyah's hand.

"Okay. Whatever you want." Aaliyah waltz over to the booth with her daughter beside her and the others behind them.

"I want Mr.A to win it for me."

Aaliyah looked at Damien and he looked at her. Aaliyah then shrugged.

"I'll win you a teddy, Isa."

Damien handed the teen who was manning the booth a $5 bill. (Realistically, I'm pretty sure they don't use U.S. Currency over in Italy but I didn't feel like researching the proper currency term, etc.)  The teen passed Damien the Nerf gun.

"You get five shots, Sir."

"I only need one." Damien aimed the nerf gun with one hand then shot it knocking the bottle over . It fell to the side causing all the other bottles to fall over as well; like dominos.

"Pick what you want, Isa." Damien smiled down at her while handing the gun back to the shocked teen.

Aaliyah passed the teen another 5 dollar bill.

"Reset the bottles"

The teen did as she ordered and handed her the nerf gun. Aaliyah turned her head away and aimed the gun with her right hand only. She fired her first shot  then shifted slightly to the left firing the second shot continuing the motion until she fired her final shot.

After the fifth shot she looked back at the bottles and all five had indeed been knocked over.

The teen looked at her in disbelief. She handed him the nerf gun and grabbed the biggest Stitch Stuffie they had. (Btw I have this strange obsession with Stitch right now... like don't judge.)

She looked over at Damien and winked. He smirked.

They were so much alike it was insane.

Aaliyah grabbed Kitai and Isabella's hands leading them away from the stand and further into the festival. Damien and Giovanni followed.

"So, again, I ask, what is her back story?"

"Country girl??" Damien asked.

"Not believable."

"You remember 12 years ago when we were in the states and we heard about an assassin named Cyncere."

"The one shot."