Chapter 13 (Omniscient POV)

Alek has never seen Aaliyah but he had heard about her. And when people heard about a woman like her, they wanted to know her, talk to her, pick her mind apart.

Alek walked the streets of New York with no particular goal in mind. It was his 2nd time in New York and he wanted to sight see before his meeting with Damien. He didn't mind meeting on American soil because Alek was legit and he didn't fuck people over because he wanted to be shown the same courtesy.

He felt a soft body collide into his as he rounded the corner his arms immediately reached out once his eyes zoomed in on the tiny woman he had ran into.

She was beautiful, smooth chocolate skin, big tigress orbs that stared back at him in shock and awe, pretty thick curls that cascaded around her face, and little slim thick curves.

Alek licked his lips as he watched the woman look him over.

"I apologize." Alek apologized to her.

"It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention. Thank you though."

She turned to walk away but Alek grabbed her arm gently. He was compelled. Completely smitten with her beauty.

"Wait, what is your name?"

"Aaliyah. Yours?"

"Aleksander. But you can Call me Alek." He smiled showing his pearly whites. Alek didn't think this could be the assassin he had heard about. She looked too innocent. But Alek knew looks could be deceiving.

"Where are you from?" She asked noticing his accent.

"Russia."

And then it Clicked. This was the man that asked or practically demanded that Damien bring her with him to their meeting in Florence.

"Don Alek?"

Alek raised his brow. The only way she would know that is if she was the infamous assassin he'd heard about.

"And you must be The Assassin."

Aaliyah glared at him. "Don't say that out loud, you idiot!"

"Don't call me Don out loud." He smirked. He liked his women feisty. It amused him. And even though he heard what she was capable of, it still amused him that a woman her size and stature had so much umph.

Aaliyah was not sure if she wanted to shoot him for his smart lip or not. She didn't get bad vibes from him, she actually got the opposite, good vibes. But she didn't like the way he looked at her. He looked at her like Damien looked at her. Like she needed to be tamed and he was up for the challenge.

She knew when Damien found out she had run into Alek, he would be furious but it was merely an accident. At least she thought so.

"Why did you demand Damien bring me with him to your meeting?" She asked. She slid her jacket to the side so he could catch a glimpse of her beretta in the holster on her waist. If he tired anything, said anything she didn't like she would shoot him.

Alek glanced at the gun and smirked. She really thought he was out alone, with no bodyguards... that was cute.

But Alek was wrong in that thought. Aaliyah knew exactly where each guard was and if she needed an escape, how she would get out. She had calculated everything as soon as she figured out who he was.

Alek wasn't for certain what Aaliyah was capable of, he had never witnessed it, meaning he didn't know how calculated she was.

"Out of pure curiosity, I guess." Alek stated with a shrug. That was the truth, it was only out of curiosity.