Chapter 7 (Omniscent POV)

It was now Friday and Aaliyah has decided that she and Damien would accompany the twins back to Florida to see their Father.

They were walking to the Black Rolls Royce that had been waiting at the airport for them when Damien pulled Aaliyah to the side.

"Are you sure you're ready to see Niko again??" He asked. Damien was concerned about her. For the past few days Aaliyah had been quiet and melancholy. He didn't like it at all, he was so used to her being the feisty woman he had come to know.

"I don't have a choice. It's not about me. It's about my children. I want them to have a relationship with their father."

"I understand but I think the twins know what's going on and they don't like it nor do they like their father. I mean they both threw a tantrum when you were packing their bags this morning."

"I'm not going to take them away from him. If they decide they don't wanna be bothered with him when their grown then so be it but as of right now I will make sure they spend time with him. What he did to me has nothing to do with them or how much he loves them."

Damien knew Aaliyah was slowly unraveling. She loved Niko way too deeply and he took that love for granted.

"We will get through this week together." Damien stated kissing her forehead.

She gave him a slight smile. She couldn't deny if felt nice having Damien here with her and it also felt nice to not to argue. It felt nice to have emotional support and comfort. Damien had been very attentive over the past few days and it didn't go unnoticed. The twins noticed and Aaliyah noticed. Her attraction to Damien only kept growing and if he kept showing his sweet side then he might even break down the wall she had built around her heart.

Little did Aaliyah know Damien had grown attached to her and her children. Even if her and Damien didn't get along most days, he still wanted her. He wanted her badly, so bad that it hurt.

———————————————-

They arrived at Miss.Natalies around noon and she rushed out of the door to greet them.

"My babies!!!" She smiled kissing the twins as they ran over to her. Then she smiled at Aaliyah and pulled her in for a hug and a kiss too. While the twins ran back to Damien and began dragging him towards the house.

"Hi, Miss.Natalie." Aaliyah smiled.

"Now you know you can call me mama. Anyways who is that fine white man my babies are dragging into the house?" She asked with a smirk.

"Emotional support." Aaliyah shrugged.

Damien made his way back over to the two ladies with two giggling munchkins, one dangling on his left arm and one dangling on his right. Damien smiled at Miss.Natalie and introduced himself.

"Good Afternoon, Miss.Hampton. I'm Damien Arden, Aaliyah's friend." He held his hand out for her to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Dear." She smiled. Not a fake smile but a genuine smile. If her grand babies liked him then she liked him.

"We are only going to stay and hour or two, we have to get checked into the hotel" Aaliyah informed her.

"Non sense. You all can stay right here."

"We don't want to burden you." Damien interrupted.

"No burden. It would be my pleasure. Young man, get them bags and bring em on in the house. Isa and Kitai, leave the Damien alone and come visit with your Grandma."

Damien nodded and the twins let go of his arms rushing over to Natalie.

Once in the house, Natalie showed them to their rooms. The twins in one and Damien and Aaliyah in one.