Chapter 9 (Omniscent POV)

Aaliyah shot her gold and sliver plated, jewel encrusted desert eagle 5 times back to back, each bullet hitting the bullseye. Damien watched with a stoic expression but in reality he was somewhat aroused. His employees were watching her as well, they wanted to know if the rumors were true, if she was really as good a shot as everyone claimed she was in the stories they told about her. Upon realizing that every story they had ever heard was more than likely true based on the fact that she really was a perfect shot, their fear of her returned. Nobody wanted to be on her bad side, not even Damien.

She reloaded the gun and shot a few more rounds.

"Alright. Everyone get back to work. Aaliyah, nay I speak with you in my office?" Damien spoke.

They scattered and went about their business while Damien and Aaliyah walked back to his office.

"You know I'm starting to believe that my employees are more afraid of you than they are of me." Damien chuckled as he walked over towards his desk.

"They should be." She smirked.

"You think so?" He turned to her and backed her into the wall.

"I know so."

Damien's eyes darkened and his hands landed firmly on her waist.  "I think you know that I'm a lot more dangerous than I like to let on."

"Maybe, Maybe not." She pushed his chest and he loosened his grip on her waist and backed away. He would have her in due time. She was loosening up around him. She was a lot more light hearted, she laughed and smiled more, and she didn't threaten him as much, which was good in his eyes because two months ago she would glare at him 24/7.

"Are you ready for tonight?"

"I am. I'm excited." She smiled flopping down on the couch across from his desk.

"I bet so. You haven't shot anyone in a couple years." Damien stated sitting down behind his desk.

"You make it sound like I enjoy killing people..."

"You do, do you not?"

"I enjoy killing people who deserve to die for the sins they've committed. People who have raped, beaten, robbed, and killed for their own good."

"Do you have a plan?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head about me. I know what I'm doing."

"It's hard not to, knowing about your condition and all." He grimaced. Damien didn't like to talk about Aaliyah's heart problems but he had no choice because most of the time she acted like she didn't have them which was dangerous.

"Damien, I'm fine, perfectly fine." She smiled as she stood and walked over to his chair. She stood behind him, reached down, and began to massage his shoulders. "You worry too much, Arden."

"I don't think I worry enough. I know you cry your self to sleep most nights, micio."

Her hands dropped from his shoulders and her face hardened. "I don't know what you're talking about." She turned to walk away but Damien spun around in his chair and grabbed her waist pulling her into his lap.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of. I know you loved him and I know you're still trying to get over it. But I care for you and I'm always here for you. And if you were mine, I'd never hurt you nor let you go."

"You would never be able to love me, Damien." She sighed standing up from her seated position in his lap.

"And why not?"

"Because I'm damaged. I don't even love myself so how can you love me?" She walked off.

Damien sighed. He was really trying to get her to open up. He care for her more than he had ever cared for any woman. She was more comfortable around him though, the twins loved him, and he loved them.